Pronunciation of Abbe
/ˈab/, /ˈab/, /ˈa_b/
Antonyms for abbe:
Synonyms for abbe:
Usage examples for abbe:
- This manuscript is entitled, 'My Conversation with Comte de Montgaillard, on the 4th of December 1796, from Six in the Afternoon till midnight, in the presence of the Abbe Dumontel. - "The Project Gutenberg Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte", Bourrienne, Constant, and Stewarton.
- Over and over again Siegfroi led his warriors to the attack, but the defenders, headed by Eudes and the brave Abbe Ebble, each time repelled them. - "The Dragon and the Raven or, The Days of King Alfred", G. A. Henty.
- The moment the door of the presbytery had closed behind Claudet, the Abbe Pernot, flinging to one side all his preparations, began to pace nervously up and down the principal garden- walk. - "A Woodland Queen, Complete", Andre Theuriet Last Updated: March 3, 2009.
- This is one of the specimens collected by the Abbe David, after whom it is named. - "Natural History of the Mammalia of India and Ceylon", Robert A. Sterndale.
- Not bad, abbe, not bad; go on. - "The Regent's Daughter", Alexandre Dumas (Pere).
Rhymes for abbe:
- flay, pray, daye, quay, gabie, de, khe, cabbie, dae, lei, crabby, j, say, neigh, gray, drey, yay, ney, yea, tae, spray, dray, pei, ne, k, re, bay, stay, ca, dey, bray, sleigh, gaye, gway, wray, graye, nay, tray, hwe, shea, hay, lay, wey, faye, che, ay, pay, clay, klay, fray, slay, tay, nej, sze, blay, maye, rae, trey, waye, fay, ley, grey, vey, play, gabby, prey, kaye, mey, se, whey, jay, quai, wei, saye, tabby, sway, way, brey, gaby, mei, mae, fe, fey, raye, may, shabby, jaye, flabby, brae, cay, cabby, frey, paye, they, wy, sta, shay, kabi, jae, ray, hey, rey, ae, weigh, cray, kay, bey, day, haye, lait, stray;
- macrae, beret, portray, hurray, away, astray, o'shea, purvey, ha, cliche, dossier, survey, b-j, asay, okay, oj, abbey, orsay, gervais, dk, chalet, cafe, olay, moray, ole, mackay, passe, manet, repay, souffle, ballet, saute, ek, mccrea, sorbet, calais, defray, nisei, dismay, beauvais, fillet, prepay, carre, bombay, rene, obey, hooray, decay, sergei, toupee, convey, parquet, cache, mcveigh, ga, bouquet, abby, delray, croquet, array, risque, mckay, valet, replay, allay, hervey, filet, millay, belay, cathay, jose, puree, renee, buffet, abie, abbie, delay, soiree, da, levey, halfway, crochet, display, today, essay, betray, nikkei, monet;
- dak, overstay, perrier, attache, bouvier, lyonnais, intraday, overplay, disarray, fiance, underplay, uva, ita, bta, monterrey, cea, jna, piaget, faberge, cabaret, cabernet, ira, disobey, chevrolet, bua, monterey, aaa, underway, ekk;
- asea, naivete, foia, hiaa, communique, ceta, cabriolet, noaa;