Pronunciation of Abreast
/ɐbɹˈɛst/, /ɐbɹˈɛst/, /ɐ_b_ɹ_ˈɛ_s_t/
Antonyms for abreast:
Usage examples for abreast:
- It was still too dark to make out who was in it until it drew almost abreast. - "Jimgrim and Allah's Peace", Talbot Mundy.
- One glance was enough; two abreast, swords in hand, they were charging us. - "Helmet of Navarre", Bertha Runkle.
- You see, it was not as though the thing happened once only; it happened several nights running, and at length it got upon our nerves to such an extent that we could endure it no longer; so we agreed to return to the beach and work our way along- shore, on the look- out for a break in the reef, abreast of which we proposed to camp in the hope that sooner or later a ship might come along, enter the lagoon, and take us off. - "The Strange Adventures of Eric Blackburn", Harry Collingwood.
Idioms for abreast:
Rhymes for abreast:
- este, reinvest, blessed, southwest, best, lest, repressed, contest, unrest, guest, digest, transgressed, rest, request, suggest, possessed, impressed, gest, nest, oppressed, progressed, ingest, breast, guessed, pest, distressed, fest, northwest, digressed, congest, compressed, divest, undressed, pressed, crest, unimpressed, west, farwest, protest, dressed, blest, vest, reassessed, messed, prest, test, midwest, jest, wrest, invest, chest, unaddressed, detest, quest, stressed, confessed, depressed, zest, celeste, dest, obsessed, expressed, mest, suppressed, retest, repossessed, finessed, brest, recessed, professed, infest;
- assessed, arrest, addressed, behest, attest, bequest;
- indigest, coalesced, dispossessed, acquiesced;