Pronunciation of Acting
/ˈaktɪŋ/, /ˈaktɪŋ/, /ˈa_k_t_ɪ_ŋ/
Usage examples for acting:
- I've my ain ways of acting and singing, and unless I feel richt and hamely wi' a song I canna do it justice. - "Between You and Me", Sir Harry Lauder.
- For all practical purposes it was merely that of an acting governor. - "British Supremacy & Canadian Self-Government 1839-1854", J. L. Morison.
- Now what is your real reason for acting this way whenever I speak to you of Timothy. - "The Heart of Arethusa", Francis Barton Fox.
Quotes for acting:
Rhymes for acting:
- retracting, reacting, impacting, subtracting;
- extracting, distracting, exacting, enacting, attracting, detracting;
- interacting, counteracting, subcontracting;