Pronunciation of Ahead
/ɐhˈɛd/, /ɐhˈɛd/, /ɐ_h_ˈɛ_d/
Antonyms for ahead:
de mure, most dawdling, regressive, in disposed, down, most uneager, dis inclined, most astern, sub normal, under developed, later, after, more astern, most hunting, in-disposed, re-tiring, un-developed, un-willing, more checked, most behind, retro grade, dis-inclined, more regressive, behind, more behind, most regressive, backward, under-privileged, under-developed, uneager, un eager, most tracking, re served, more rearward, most checked, more tracking, more subnormal, feeble minded, trailing, rearward, retro-grade, falling behind, un willing, most rearward, under privileged, un-eager, more dawdling, back, next, re tiring, sub-normal, de-mure, re-served.
Usage examples for ahead:
- You'll pull a boat ahead of anybody, if you keep on. - "Deephaven and Selected Stories & Sketches", Sarah Orne Jewett.
- If we measure the distance apart of the crank and the eccentric in degrees, we find it is 120 degrees, hence place the crank where we may, we can find the corresponding eccentric position because it is 120 degrees ahead of the crank. - "Modern Machine-Shop Practice, Volumes I and II", Joshua Rose.
- One day Beth ran down ahead of the others. - "A Little Florida Lady", Dorothy C. Paine.
Quotes for ahead:
Rhymes for ahead:
- med, pled, wed, ed, fred, retread, jed, ged, shed, sped, head, swed, stead, widespread, thread, red, bled, ted, unread, unwed, dead, read, shred, bread, said, bed, zed, redd, fled, ned, wedd, dred, spread, dread, lead, unsaid, freda, reade, tread, sled, led, fed, bred;
- behead, abed, imbed, instead, misled, adread, embed, purebred;
- infrared, overfed, overhead, interbred, biomed, thoroughbred;