Pronunciation of Air
/ˈeə/, /ˈe͡ə/, /ˈeə/
Antonyms for air:
plainspokenness, frankness, keep quiet, absence, belie, genuineness, restrain, candor, govern, inhibit, regulate, sincerity, constrain, directness, straightforwardness, withhold, reality, secret, contain, block, openheartedness, enshroud, paper over, forthrightness, cover, hide, close up, bluntness, artlessness, naivete, outspokenness, secrete, candidness, bridle, suppress, take in, conceal, calm, listen, be quiet.
Usage examples for air:
- The air of the place told that the day's work was done. - "Counsel for the Defense", Leroy Scott.
- I think I'll take the air, Charles replied. - "The Passionate Elopement", Compton Mackenzie.
- But I'm never lonely, she answered with an air of bravado, and I try never to be unhappy. - "Colonel Carter's Christmas and The Romance of an Old-Fashioned Gentleman", F. Hopkinson Smith.
Quotes for air:
Rhymes for air:
- flair, where, they're, werre, claire, pair, khmer, eyre, dare, clair, kehr, snare, hare, skare, mer, lehr, tear, their, prayer, scare, mare, stare, darr, bear, err, clare, swear, stair, ne'er, bair, pare, mair, wear, rare, fare, derr, care, there, lair, guerre, baer, cher, flare, chair, hehr, ware, fair, nair, blare, heir, glare, sare, gair, lare, fer, square, bare, share, pear, gare, gehr, ferre, bahr, maire, spare, sayre, blair, serr, herr, terre, faire, hair;
- compare, unfair, belair, comair, swissair, forswear, affair, pierre, beware, repair, despair, sinclair, voltaire, ensnare, montclair, o'hare, abair, dispair, mcnair, moliere, prepare, aware, alair, adair, declare, midair, impair, astaire, allaire, adaire;
- debonair, doctrinaire, icelandair, billionaire, questionnaire, aer, javier, disrepair, usair, millionaire, unaware, solitaire;