Pronunciation of Ascend
/ɐsˈɛnd/, /ɐsˈɛnd/, /ɐ_s_ˈɛ_n_d/
Antonyms for ascend:
Usage examples for ascend:
- No chimney by which to ascend to the roof, no furniture, indeed, of any kind beyond a deal chair and table. - "Charlie to the Rescue", R.M. Ballantyne.
- The machines were in readiness to ascend the moment the missing men arrived. - "The Boy Allies at Jutland", Robert L. Drake.
- Mulford waited a moment for Spike to get a short distance up the stairs of the high tower he had to ascend, when placing the arm of Rose within his own, he opened the door in the rear of the house, and walked boldly toward the Mexican. - "Jack Tier or The Florida Reef", James Fenimore Cooper.
Idioms for ascend:
- ascend the throne;
Quotes for ascend:
As we ascend the social ladder, viciousness wears a thicker mask.– Erich Fromm
Rhymes for ascend:
- suspend, expend, blend, penned, descend, pretend, rend, tend, fend, transcend, end, depend, trend, spend, mend, impend, intend, distend, yearend, wend, lend, contend, portend, bend, pend, defend, wende, send, extend, offend, misspend, friend, unbend;
- commend, amend, append, arend, attend, abend, befriend, addend;
- recommend, comprehend, apprehend, condescend;