Pronunciation of Avow
/ɐvˈa͡ʊ/, /ɐvˈaʊ/, /ɐ_v_ˈaʊ/
Antonyms for avow:
rebut, refuses recognize, confute, dis avowed, dis-avow, cover, veil, refuse, divorced from, minimize, dis-allows, dis acknowledge, dis-avowed, dis-acknowledge, dis avow, dis-claimed, negative, dis-claiming, dis carded, dis allows, dis-owning, divorced oneself from, dis-acknowledging, divorce oneself from, disown, dis card, dis-cards, refusing recognize, dis-avowing, dis-carding, dis-allowed, dis claims, dis carding, divorce from, dis-avows, dis-owned, dis acknowledged, ignore, overlook, re tract, dis acknowledging, dis cards, dis claiming, dis-acknowledges, dis-card, divorces from, dis claimed, discard, dis-claim, refuses to recognize, divorces oneself from, dis-allow, divorcing oneself from, abandon, dispute, dis-carded, question, cloak, refuse to recognize, dis allowed, gainsay, re-tracts, dis owning, screen, neglect, dis acknowledges, dis allow, disguise, refuse recognize, re-tract, dis avowing, mask, refused to recognize, recall, counter, dis-acknowledged, dis avows, dis claim, challenge, dis-allowing, divorcing from, refusing to recognize, disregard, dis allowing, re tracts, dis-claims, disprove, dis owned, refused recognize, hide, understate.
Usage examples for avow:
- For I avow I cannot comprehend it at all. - "The Light of Scarthey", Egerton Castle.
- With tears in his eyes he said all his trust for salvation was in the Lord Jesus Christ, and that he knew it was his duty to avow his faith, but he could not, for if he did his relatives would one and all abandon him. - "Life and Work in Benares and Kumaon, 1839-1877", James Kennedy.
Rhymes for avow:
- cow, frau, lau, chow, vow, xiao, pough, aue, scow, tsao, brau, bough, clough, thou, wow, plow, kau, dow, tao, sow, yow, brow, gow, hau, yao, how, bao, pao, rao, rau, macau, lao, shough, mao, howe, pow, meow, dowe, ow, fao, tau, plough, sao, hao, shao, now, lough, thao, prow, dao, kowtow, bow, kao, mau, cao;
- endow, macao, allow, bilbao, liao;
- disavow, disallow, mindanao;