Pronunciation of Await
/ɐwˈe͡ɪt/, /ɐwˈeɪt/, /ɐ_w_ˈeɪ_t/
Antonyms for await:
Usage examples for await:
- I said I would await there for him, and that we would afterwards travel together as far as Rome. - "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- I resolved to write, and I told her in my letter that I should await her reply at Marseilles. - "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- We do not await attack. - "The Image and the Likeness", John Scott Campbell.
Rhymes for await:
- ate, taitt, tate, pate, weight, crate, mate, late, fete, slate, gait, strait, skate, hait, waite, hate, aydt, pait, plate, plait, cate, sate, prate, streight, state, tait, rate, straight, trait, speight, wayt, chait, bate, spate, freight, rait, nate, kate, date, great, fait, wait, fate, gate, eight, bait, grate;
- debate, reflate, equate, estate, predate, tri-state, negate, misstate, conflate, restate, dilate, gestate, est, deflate, sedate, kuwait, postdate, dictate, abate, oblate, elate, create, upstate, innate, ornate, lightweight, translate, collate, berate, update, irate, relate, belate, prorate, inflate;
- interstate, silverplate, reinstate, overweight, conjugate, desecrate, underrate, intrastate, procreate, solid-state, overrate;
- demodulate, remunerate, recriminate, interrelate;