Pronunciation of Awe
/ˈɔː/, /ˈɔː/, /ˈɔː/
Antonyms for awe:
disregard, listlessness, assist, delight, encourage, tedium, coolness, embolden, anticipation, indifference, disinterest, please, expectation, Familiarity, fearlessness, expect, comfort, dispiritedness, calm, doldrums, happiness, weltschmerz, intimacy, apathy, melancholy, unconcern, joylessness, gladden, ennui, reassure, stoicism, preparation, help, restlessness, contempt, soothe, self-possession, weariness, steadiness, boredom, tiredness, composure, bore, calmness, cheerlessness, disrespect.
Usage examples for awe:
- If the Volterra couple were always peaceful, that was because the Baroness was in mortal awe of her fat husband, a state of life to which Sabina did not wish to be called. - "The Heart of Rome", Francis Marion Crawford.
- A faint sense of awe had come upon him. - "In the Wilderness", Robert Hichens.
- The young fellow sat in awe before him, but the old wife and Bill moved about the room, taking very little interest in what the old man said or did. - "Other Main-Travelled Roads", Hamlin Garland.
Idioms for awe:
Quotes for awe:
Rhymes for awe:
- wa, gnaw, mcgraw, ah, yaw, hua, qua, ja, chaw, daw, maw, bra, ahh, kah, spaw, squaw, paw, guffaw, yah, slaw, gaw, hwa, bah, joie, ma, blah, redraw, hsia, gras, hah, ocaw, sa, ya, raw, dawe, nah, zsa, na, caw, jaw, saw, rha, naw, waugh, wah, bois, haw, macaw, pla, thaw, ca, shah, foresaw, claw, rah, flaw, spa, straw, ta, law, graw, mah, aw, inlaw, craw, ka, haugh, czeslaw, draw, shaw, withdraw, faw, jha, ra, cha, la, moi;
- aha, vrba, otha, da, pasha, duboise, voila, francois, bashaw, francoise, bourgeois, ha, sanaa, ona, alvah, ga, elna, fermat, hurrah, elga, artois, fatah, dumas, valois;
- bogota, baccarat;