Pronunciation of Begun
/bɪɡˈʌn/, /bɪɡˈʌn/, /b_ɪ_ɡ_ˈʌ_n/
Synonyms for Begun:
Sense 1 (noun)
conceived, developed, formed, hatched, initiated, prepared, sprouted, stemmed, Began, Budded, Dawned, Embarked, Emerged, Germinated, Inaugurated, Inducted, Introduced, Originated, Undertook, Undertaken, Commenced, Created, Sprang, Sprung, started, birthed, initialized.
Usage examples for Begun:
- I hope you'll like all your old friends here; you've begun with the worst among us, but perhaps you like him the best because he is the worst; I do. - "April Hopes", William Dean Howells Last Updated: February 27, 2009.
- You ought to have begun on the ship, then. - "Their Silver Wedding Journey", William Dean Howells.
- " No," said La Mole, " since I have begun, I will go through to the end." - "Marguerite de Valois", Alexandre Dumas.
- However, as I have begun, I will go on. - "The House of Souls", Arthur Machen.
Quotes for Begun:
Rhymes for Begun:
- in, gun, bun, shun, donne, stun, runt, none, pun, kun, hyun, lun, megan, dun, brunn, hun, reagan, yun, bunn, sun, gunn, grun, hagen, magan, sagan, kagan, tonne, lunn, gagan, won, dunn, ragan, hon, run, hagan, spun, un, ton, dunne, mun, pagan, brun, jun, chun, nun, son, done, fun, one;
- dagon, fagan, homerun, dagan, redone, outrun, outdone, rerun, c1, undone, agan, m1;