Pronunciation of Chat
/t͡ʃˈat/, /tʃˈat/, /tʃ_ˈa_t/
Synonyms for chat:
allocution, babbling, chattering, chitchat, circumlocution, debate, dialect, dialog, discussion, elocution, jabbering, locution, oral communication, oration, patter, prattle, recitation, remark, report, speaking, speech, spoken word, talking, vocalization, voice.
talk, often short (noun)
talk, gossip (verb)
fall into, story.
Usage examples for chat:
- Do come up and let us have a chat before my brother comes. - "Patricia Brent, Spinster", Herbert Jenkins.
- Yes, I always enjoy a chat with him, but he had gone driving, worse luck, and only returned just as I was leaving. - "The Northern Light", E. Werner.
- At another time, Penny would have paused to chat. - "Swamp Island", Mildred A. Wirt.
Idioms for chat:
- chat about sm or sth;
Rhymes for chat:
- blatt, pat, bat, catt, hatt, bratt, vat, pratt, hat, mat, gat, brat, scat, cat, batt, platt, at, nat, slat, patt, kat, tat, sat, spat, matte, splat, dat, stat, rat, matt, gatt, lat, katt, fat, flat, platte, krat, that, gnat;
- cravat, elat, combat, sadat, at-bat, nonfat, landsat, begat;
- rat-a-tat, gujarat, inmarsat;