Pronunciation of Compare
/k_ə_m_p_ˈeə/, /kəmpˈe͡ə/, /kəmpˈeə/
Antonyms for compare:
leave, neglect, desegregate, assist, support, unite, ignore, disregard, combine, aid, forget, distinguish, discard, help, differ, disagree, differentiate, imbalance, discriminate, discern, join, disconnect, contrast, separate, gather.
Usage examples for compare:
- I believe it would be an advantage to these pious people, if they were to read and compare one part of the Scripture with another more diligently. - "Memoir and Diary of John Yeardley, Minister of the Gospel", John Yeardley.
- I have interrupted myself ten times to weep and to think of this summer; when I compare it with the present I am thoroughly wretched. - "Marie Bashkirtseff (From Childhood to Girlhood)", Marie Bashkirtseff.
- It was as though one would compare form with colour, or sound with sight. - "The Bail Jumper", Robert J. C. Stead.
Idioms for compare:
Quotes for compare:
Rhymes for compare:
- werre, darr, share, lare, bare, air, kehr, flair, care, chair, there, herr, err, ne'er, scare, serr, blair, guerre, mair, eyre, clair, pear, baer, their, clare, they're, hehr, glare, stair, claire, where, fare, pare, mer, faire, spare, square, derr, terre, gare, khmer, bear, fer, hare, gair, hair, skare, blare, swear, snare, sayre, fair, pair, lair, lehr, heir, maire, ferre, mare, tear, wear, nair, stare, ware, prayer, dare, bair, gehr, bahr, rare, flare, sare, cher;
- pierre, aware, sinclair, despair, midair, unfair, comair, prepare, dispair, alair, moliere, voltaire, allaire, beware, astaire, impair, belair, adair, affair, adaire, ensnare, abair, repair, forswear, montclair, mcnair, declare, o'hare, swissair;
- solitaire, unaware, icelandair, doctrinaire, aer, debonair, billionaire, millionaire, usair, questionnaire, disrepair, javier;