Pronunciation of Confer
/k_ə_n_f_ˈɜː/, /kənfˈɜː/, /kənfˈɜː/
Antonyms for confer:
dis possess, dis possesses, dis-robed, dis possessed, refrain, dis-robe, dis-mantles, dis robing, de nudes, dis-robes, dis-robing, dis-inherits, dis possessing, be reaving, be reaves, expropriate, be-reaved, be quiet, de spoiling, be reave, dis mantles, invalidate, void, dis-possessed, de nude, disallow, taking, dis-inheriting, Bankrupted, de spoils, dis mantling, dis inherit, de-spoiling, dis-inherited, dis robe, dis-mantle, lose, dis mantled, stiffing, be-reave, nullify, dis-possess, de-spoiled, dis-possessing, dis inheriting, dis-mantled, de-nudes, de-nude, dis robed, be reaved, be-reaves, be-reft, de-spoils, dishonor, deprive, dis-possesses, dis-mantling, keep, dis mantle, withhold, refuse, be-reaving, dis inherited, stiffed, stiffs, Bankrupting, dis robes, de spoiled, de spoil, dis-inherit, take, bankrupts, keep quiet, de-spoil, dis inherits, be reft.
Usage examples for confer:
- I presume you can confer with him and with Mr.- a- Green." - "Marion's Faith.", Charles King.
- It isn't my business; I cannot interfere; but Siward, I'm a damned restless witness, and the old, primitive longing comes back on me to strike- to take a stick and use it to splinters on that man whom I am going down town to politely confer with! - "The Fighting Chance", Robert W. Chambers.
- He gave them power to confer these powers on others. - "Reasonableness of Catholic Ceremonies and Practices", John J. Burke.
Rhymes for confer:
- purr, whirr, were, murr, fir, mer, shir, refer, spur, thur, pur, liqueur, der, we're, cur, incur, bir, stir, demur, myrrh, recur, sher, infer, ker, sur, shirr, nurre, transfer, prefer, err, deter, fer, furr, fleur, kerr, sir, durr, bur, pere, burr, slur, monsieur, occur, ur, fur, hur, shur, birr, inter, blur;
- chauffeur, adjure, abjure, defer, concur;
- connoisseur, reoccur, saboteur;
- restaurateur, entrepreneur;