Pronunciation of Confound
/k_ə_n_f_ˈaʊ_n_d/, /kənfˈa͡ʊnd/, /kənfˈaʊnd/
Antonyms for confound:
put to, in-spirited, update, gave faith, difference, back, in spiriting, rally, in-forms, up lifts, gives word, satisfy, manifest, enlighten, up date, dis-close, pre ached, dis closing, reassure, up lifting, display, up lifted, up lift, prove, countenance, dis-closing, inform, relieve, pre-aching, separate, gave the word, causes understand, dis close, gave the lowdown, buoy, co unselling, re-veal, record, up-dated, corroborate, substantiate, verify, support, animate, validate, bore, up-date, give lowdown, dis-closes, re-veals, sanction, re veals, explicate, giving word, comfort, make clear, identify, causing understand, in form, giving faith, caused to understand, clear up, opens up, buttress, causes to understand, gave word, letted in on, in forms, giving the word, puts to, adduce, evince, in spirited, up-lifted, gives the word, open up, give the lowdown, up-dates, help, in-spirits, unmix, witness, cause to understand, give word, causing to understand, explain, uphold, in-spirit, letting in on, inspirit, up-lift, up-lifting, calm, puts on to, gave lowdown, certify, caused understand, expect, give faith, evidence, soothe, gives lowdown, putting on to, dis closes, gives faith, up-dating, in spirits, relate, aid, cheer, co-unselling, in-forming, confirm, hearten, opening up, establish, pre-ached, up dated, in spirit, up dates, document, console, let in on, assist, assure, giving lowdown, cause understand, giving the lowdown, divide, lets in on, in forming, pre aching, dis-closed, up dating, dis closed, in-spiriting, show, attest, authenticate, put on to, putting to, give the word, gives the lowdown, up-lifts, clarify, opened up, advocate.
Usage examples for confound:
- But it may be said that Falstaff was in truth the child of invention only, and that a reference to the Feudal accidents of birth serves only to confound fiction with reality: Not altogether so. - "Eighteenth Century Essays on Shakespeare", D. Nichol Smith.
- Confound you for a big pompous, out- of- livery fool! - "Lady Maude's Mania", George Manville Fenn.
- The answer, I believe, is this: As we continue to confound Soviet expectations, as our world grows stronger, more united, more attractive to men on both sides of the iron curtain, then inevitably there will come a time of change within the communist world. - "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.
Rhymes for confound:
- newfound, frowned, inbound, browned, unwound, ground, redound, hound, found, surround, drowned, downed, unsound, propound, profound, bound, renowned, crowned, unbound, sound, mound, round, rebound, gowned, resound, wound, pound;
- around, abound, astound, compound, aground, impound, expound;