Pronunciation of Convey
/k_ə_n_v_ˈeɪ/, /kənvˈe͡ɪ/, /kənvˈeɪ/
Antonyms for convey:
fall under, give up, fling, release, come down, keep, lance, stop, maintain, shake off, deny, launch, send, neglect, let go, throw, dart, cling to, hide, withhold, contract, throw down, refrain, retain, leave, suppress, refuse, drop, take, conceal, discourage, free, cover, hold, lose, receive, catch, expropriate, keep secret, preserve, sling, dissuade, possess.
Usage examples for convey:
- They had no doubt, but he wished to convey the impression that they had seen a light, just as many others had, without being able to understand it. - "The Wonder Island Boys: Exploring the Island", Roger Thompson Finlay.
- And if it is necessary to express the impossibility of loving, the Turk has a new root at hand to convey even that idea. - "Lectures on The Science of Language", Max MÃ¼ller.
Idioms for convey:
- convey sth ( from sm or sth) ( to sm or sth);
Quotes for convey:
You have to see a building to comprehend it. Photographs cannot convey the experience, nor film.– Arthur Erickson
Rhymes for convey:
- nay, ley, wray, raye, neigh, j, say, tay, fray, quay, whey, mey, faye, tae, fey, weigh, waye, tray, pray, k, mae, day, mei, ne, shay, pei, sze, yea, klay, se, hay, clay, ney, cray, frey, re, prey, drey, shea, yay, dray, they, maye, fe, lait, vey, ae, gway, graye, hey, slay, spray, hwe, gaye, pay, rae, lay, dey, wy, che, daye, trey, fay, stray, quai, flay, sleigh, bray, sway, jae, kay, play, stay, grey, blay, way, bay, ca, wey, nej, ay, de, bey, jay, jaye, ray, wei, saye, haye, brey, may, paye, rey, sta, kaye, lei, cay, khe, brae, dae, gray;
- array, mcveigh, replay, ga, olay, orsay, essay, gervais, manet, ole, okay, millay, dk, delray, risque, cache, souffle, hooray, delay, b-j, beret, abbe, sorbet, parquet, ballet, oj, survey, carre, filet, o'shea, crochet, valet, renee, mckay, away, purvey, moray, da, defray, astray, macrae, halfway, puree, belay, repay, allay, levey, cathay, bouquet, croquet, mccrea, cliche, chalet, display, asay, mackay, hervey, hurray, bombay, dismay, beauvais, sergei, today, ha, nisei, decay, obey, soiree, saute, cafe, buffet, portray, fillet, calais, ek, dossier, passe, betray, prepay, monet, rene, toupee, jose, nikkei;
- ira, piaget, dak, cabernet, ita, bouvier, overplay, cea, cabaret, bua, uva, attache, intraday, underplay, fiance, aaa, monterey, chevrolet, faberge, disobey, monterrey, lyonnais, overstay, bta, perrier, disarray, ekk, underway, jna;
- naivete, noaa, hiaa, communique, foia, cabriolet, ceta, asea;