Pronunciation of Dab
/dˈab/, /dˈab/, /d_ˈa_b/
Antonyms for dab:
fistful, shipload, bundle, spate, dozen, wealth, deal, abundance, sight, bunch, potful, volume, stack, multiplicity, boatload, quantity, passel, profusion, sheaf, chunk, peck, barrel, bushel, good deal, load, heap, raft, scads, REAMS, lot, basketful, hundred, mess, slew, plenitude, plentitude, truckload, lashings, carload, bucket, glob, mass, mountain, wad, pack, oodles.
Synonyms for dab:
Sense 1 (noun)
aerial, antenna, camera, cathode-ray tube, clock radio, communications satellite, crt, decoder, cue card.
Sense 2 (noun)
Sense 3 (noun)
Sense 4 (noun)
Sense 5 (noun)
Sense 6 (noun)
small quantity (noun)
blot up; touch lightly (verb)
anchovy, barracuda, bead, besmear, bloater, bream, brill, cathode-ray tube, coelacanth, communications satellite, crt, decoder, dish, dogfish, flounder, flying fish, haddock, hake, halibut, headset, herring, lemon sole, loudspeaker, mackerel, marlin, mast, minim, mullet, ocean sunfish, past master, pilchard, plaice, rabbit ears, radio, remote control, sardine, scrambler, skate, snapper, sole, sprat, stingray, sturgeon, swordfish, television, television set, transistor, transmitter, tube, tuna, tunny, turbot, uplink, whiting, wireless, zapper, home theater, dab hand, cue card, dab off, digibox, HD-ready, plasma screen, satellite dish, set-top box, transistor radio, wipe down.
Usage examples for dab:
- It was a cigarette, and you might know, if you were not always between waking and sleeping, that most high- bred Spanish women smoke them, and think no more of it than a dab of powder. - "The Golden Rock", Ernest Glanville.
- Dab, get a fresh bottle of Burgundy for Mr. Hoskins. - "The History of Samuel Titmarsh and the Great Hoggarty Diamond", William Makepeace Thackeray.
- Image the whole, then execute the parts- Fancy the fabric 70 Quite, ere you build, ere steel strikes fire from quartz, Ere mortar dab brick. - "Browning's Shorter Poems", Robert Browning.
- Bending over, about to smear a dab of plastic on a tiny pitted mark, he suddenly felt himself gripped and pulled. - "The Secret of the Ninth Planet", Donald Allen Wollheim.
Idioms for dab:
Rhymes for dab:
- mab, tab, nab, ab, scab, rab, nab, knab, crab, crabbe, lab, rab, prab, tab, cab, mab, ab, cab, crabbe, babb, prab, bab, prefab, babb, grab, scab, blab, crab, jab, sabb, gab, knab, jab, lab, drab, fab, grab, fab, tabb, flab, drab, blab, flab, prefab, mcnabb, bab, stab, tabb, stab, slab, rabb, gab, mcnabb, rabb, nabb, sabb, nabb, slab;