Pronunciation of Debate
/d_ɪ_b_ˈeɪ_t/, /dɪbˈe͡ɪt/, /dɪbˈeɪt/
Antonyms for debate:
decide, harmonize, acceptance, peace, give in, arrange, quiet, settle, endorse, compliance, accord, harmony, concord, unanimity, make peace, consensus, go along, agreement, agree, short shrift, prove.
Usage examples for debate:
- Of course their opinion cannot settle the truth of the question in debate, but it has a very important bearing upon the subject. - "The Doctrines of Predestination, Reprobation, and Election", Robert Wallace.
- And since that matter is settled, if you have no objection, I will join you at breakfast, where we will debate several little matters concerning my mission. - "The Life and Adventures of Maj. Roger Sherman Potter", "Pheleg Van Trusedale" A pseudonym for Francis Colburn Adams.
- You know I love a debate, and I insist on your saying what was in your mind to say. - "Coelebs In Search of a Wife", Hannah More.
Idioms for debate:
- debate on sth;
Quotes for debate:
Rhymes for debate:
- eight, bate, mate, wayt, speight, late, cate, pait, sate, fete, spate, state, date, tate, pate, trait, plate, slate, freight, skate, kate, weight, tait, straight, hait, great, bait, aydt, streight, strait, nate, fate, gait, taitt, grate, rait, rate, chait, fait, gate, hate, waite, crate, prate, wait, plait, ate;
- gestate, create, reflate, est, misstate, dictate, innate, dilate, predate, inflate, oblate, relate, update, belate, conflate, prorate, lightweight, equate, ornate, estate, berate, negate, postdate, restate, sedate, irate, collate, elate, deflate, upstate, abate, kuwait, await, translate, tri-state;
- overrate, overweight, silverplate, interstate, procreate, desecrate, reinstate, underrate, solid-state, conjugate, intrastate;
- interrelate, remunerate, recriminate, demodulate;