Pronunciation of Debonair
/d_ˈɛ_b_ə_n_ˌeə/, /dˈɛbənˌe͡ə/, /dˈɛbənˌeə/
Antonyms for debonair:
green, awkward, unsophisticated, rustic, hick, wooden, lubberly, worried, cautious, Uncharming, inelegant, upset, stilted, careworn, grave, wary, raw, churlish, overburdened, insecure, classless, philistine, diffident, clumsy, ungraceful, uncouth, clownish, parochial, loutish, careful, unworldly, uncheerful, puerile, uncivilized, callow, stiff, somber, sorrowful, inexperienced, depressing, gauche, earnest, long-suffering, stodgy, ungainly, graceless, boorish, anxious, concerned, uneasy, heedful, cheerless, serious, uncomfortable, gawky, uncultured, provincial.
Usage examples for debonair:
- He had called, and she had noticed with surprise that the debonair, self- confident man she had known, whose air of conscious superiority had been so annoying to her, had undergone a considerable change. - "Jack O' Judgment", Edgar Wallace.
- Self- love will bear a many knocks, A thousand mortifying shocks; One moment languish in despair, The next alert and debonair. - "Vignettes in Verse", Matilda Betham.
- Whereupon Major White took his departure, to appear again the next day in good time, placid and debonair- as he had appeared when called upon in various parts of the world, where things were stirring. - "Roden's Corner", Henry Seton Merriman.
Quotes for debonair:
Rhymes for debonair:
- hare, maire, gare, lair, khmer, air, darr, hair, guerre, terre, bair, herr, ferre, serr, scare, ne'er, square, wear, kehr, share, they're, stare, sare, err, swear, glare, where, spare, gehr, flair, werre, rare, hehr, mare, fair, pair, tear, nair, dare, blair, mair, sayre, pare, lehr, chair, bahr, clair, gair, derr, baer, fare, bear, lare, there, stair, ware, heir, skare, blare, care, bare, flare, mer, snare, cher, claire, fer, pear, prayer, faire, clare, their, eyre;
- impair, aware, unfair, declare, moliere, alair, forswear, beware, comair, midair, allaire, ensnare, adair, adaire, sinclair, voltaire, pierre, repair, montclair, dispair, abair, mcnair, o'hare, despair, compare, affair, prepare, astaire, belair, swissair;
- questionnaire, icelandair, billionaire, aer, solitaire, unaware, usair, millionaire, disrepair, doctrinaire, javier;