Pronunciation of Decay
/d_ɪ_k_ˈeɪ/, /dɪkˈe͡ɪ/, /dɪkˈeɪ/
Antonyms for decay:
germination, solidify, rally, ripening, extend, strengthen, construction, salad days, make well, develop, building, invigoration, recovery, increase, prosper, brighten, improve, flourish, recuperation, ripen, color, rehabilitation, unite, grow up, expand, raise, strengthening, combine, strength, Rejuvenescence, rejuvenation, crystallize, development, improvement, comeback, snapback, enlarge, rise, morality, growth, ascend, build, germinate, put together, revitalization, grow, jell, ascent, help.
Usage examples for decay:
- By the end of that century, however, two great causes were at work which made for the decay of chivalry. - "Chaucer and His England", G. G. Coulton.
- All this is by no means saying that love of country, and of use and wont as it runs in one's home area and among one's own people, would suffer decay, or even abatement. - "An Inquiry Into The Nature Of Peace And The Terms Of Its Perpetuation", Thorstein Veblen.
- If all wood exposed to decay were similarly treated, we could save about six billion board feet of timber each year. - "The School Book of Forestry", Charles Lathrop Pack.
Idioms for decay:
- fall into decay
Rhymes for decay:
- re, bray, sleigh, they, se, pei, bey, frey, wei, gray, may, che, stay, brae, ney, dey, yea, dae, faye, hwe, dray, ca, maye, trey, play, hey, nay, shay, flay, way, say, paye, hay, spray, quai, saye, fay, cray, lei, pay, pray, brey, bay, clay, jay, mae, drey, whey, klay, tae, kay, kaye, jaye, k, rae, daye, mey, j, jae, de, neigh, day, stray, ae, khe, wray, tay, weigh, raye, lait, mei, ay, tray, vey, rey, prey, sway, quay, haye, wey, sze, graye, ne, sta, gway, blay, wy, shea, nej, waye, fey, gaye, fray, ley, grey, lay, yay, cay, ray, slay, fe;
- ga, olay, dk, bombay, belay, okay, nisei, sorbet, renee, cliche, array, croquet, passe, dossier, b-j, manet, monet, display, rene, bouquet, fillet, risque, o'shea, millay, dismay, mccrea, oj, cache, mckay, portray, orsay, levey, puree, delay, hervey, toupee, macrae, da, essay, abbe, filet, halfway, survey, soiree, ek, betray, hooray, souffle, valet, defray, beret, ha, chalet, replay, ballet, purvey, cafe, mcveigh, carre, jose, beauvais, saute, prepay, asay, today, obey, parquet, away, nikkei, convey, moray, cathay, gervais, hurray, allay, delray, mackay, crochet, buffet, ole, repay, sergei, calais, astray;
- disobey, underway, dak, piaget, overstay, overplay, ita, monterrey, lyonnais, jna, underplay, attache, cabaret, ekk, intraday, bua, aaa, chevrolet, bouvier, monterey, perrier, fiance, cea, cabernet, ira, faberge, uva, bta, disarray;
- cabriolet, foia, asea, naivete, hiaa, communique, ceta, noaa;