Pronunciation of Decry
/d_ɪ_k_ɹ_ˈaɪ/, /dɪkɹˈa͡ɪ/, /dɪkɹˈaɪ/
Antonyms for decry:
exaggerate, compliment, overvalue, approve, exalt, favor, commend, recommend, raise, eulogize, praise, hail, revere, magnify, honor, consecrate, sanctify, increase, tout, endorse, overestimate, applaud, glorify, hallow, respect, countenance, acclaim, extol, bless, sanction, esteem, salute, laud, flatter, overrate, venerate.
Usage examples for decry:
- Thus, when it comes to buying pigs, the buyer does not begin to decry the pig and the vendor to praise it, as is the custom with lesser men; but tradition makes them do business in this fashion:- First the buyer will go up to the seller when he sees him in his own steading, and, looking at the pig with admiration, the buyer will say that rain may or may not fall, or that we shall have snow or thunder, according to the time of year. - "Hills and the Sea", H. Belloc.
- Then it is your own countrywomen you decry, sir! - "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
- Attempts have been made to decry the consistency and question the real philanthropy of Las Casas, in consequence of one of the expedients to which he resorted to relieve the Indians from the cruel bondage imposed upon them. - "The Life and Voyages of Christopher Columbus (Vol. II)", Washington Irving.
Rhymes for decry:
- psi, chi, pty, guy, ngai, tai, pri, ply, pi, high, dai, hi, tye, bligh, hy, shai, spy, ty, tie, dry, dye, cry, gae, sri, nigh, thai, pry, cy, vy, sky, mai, yie, tsai, fly, sy, bly, thy, die, sai, ay, frye, lai, brye, spry, bi, ly, buy, pae, lxi, wai, chai, pye, ai, kwai, phy, flye, rye, shy, wye, pie, by, lie, sigh, sly, gyi, thigh, tae, fi, sci, mei, wy, vi, lye, eye, try, phi, vie, bye, fry, nye, fye, chae, keye, why, jai, kyi, fae, cai, my, wry, bae, aye, nie, kai, sty;
- dubai, brunei, untie, awry, goodbye, hi-fi, bonsai, good-bye, whereby, descry, versailles, nearby, mihai, standby, reply, bye-bye, imai, retry, iwai, defy, supply, apply, july, rely, kanai, comply, ally, hereby, belie, alai, deny, uy, shanghai, imply, thereby, mcfly;
- underlie, misapply, overfly, resupply, dui;
- isty, oversupply, cspi;