Pronunciation of Deliberateness
/dɪlˈɪbəɹətnəs/, /dɪlˈɪbəɹətnəs/, /d_ɪ_l_ˈɪ_b_ə_ɹ_ə_t_n_ə_s/
Antonyms for deliberateness:
Synonyms for deliberateness:
Other synonyms and related words:
account, advisement, aforethought, attention, awkwardness, backwardness, boldness, calculation, care, carefulness, caution, cautiousness, changelessness, circumspection, clumsiness, cogitation, consideration, constancy, contemplation, counsel, creeping, dauntlessness, debate, decision, dedication, delay, deliberate, deliberation, determination, devotedness, devotion, dilatoriness, discretion, doggedness, Dolce Far Niente, drawl, drive, firmness, fixedness, forethought, hedge, hedging, heed, heedfulness, hesitation, idleness, immutability, immutableness, inactivity, indefatigability, indefatigableness, indolence, ineptitude, ineptness, inertia, inertness, inflexibility, inflexibleness, intentionality, irreversibility, judiciousness, languor, laziness, leisureliness, maladroitness, mental retardation, mindfulness, obstinacy, pace, perseverance, persistence, pertinacity, predetermination, premeditation, procrastination, prudence, purpose, purposefulness, rate, reckoning, relentlessness, reluctance, resoluteness, resolution, resolve, retardation, safeness, single-mindedness, slackness, sloth, sluggishness, solicitude, staunchness, steadfastness, stiffness, stubbornness, subnormality, tenacity, thoroughness, thoughtfulness, unalterability, unchangeability, uncommunicativeness, weighing, will, Canniness, Expressness, Lentitude, Lentor, Sluggardy, Predeliberation, regardfulness, guardedness, tentativeness, calculatedness, decidedness, gingerliness, pokiness, relaxedness, stick-to-it-iveness, foot-dragging.
Sense 1 (noun)
Usage examples for deliberateness:
- She spoke with a slow deliberateness, that was unusual to her. - "The Allen House or Twenty Years Ago and Now", T. S. Arthur.
- " No," was the reply given with cool deliberateness. - "Lodusky", Frances Hodgson Burnett.
- Gordon paused for a moment and then went on again with a certain deliberateness of speech as though the episode fascinated him in the telling of it. - "A Romance of Wastdale", A. E. W. (Alfred Edward Woodley) Mason.
- Lane probed his cigar with slow deliberateness. - "The Mistress of Bonaventure", Harold Bindloss.
- You told me, he said, enunciating each word with distinct deliberateness, that you would fight me, when your throne freed you. - "The Lighted Match", Charles Neville Buck.