Pronunciation of Dictate
/d_ɪ_k_t_ˈeɪ_t/, /dɪktˈe͡ɪt/, /dɪktˈeɪt/
Antonyms for dictate:
Usage examples for dictate:
- My son is to dictate to me; and I am to be silent! - "Not Like Other Girls", Rosa N. Carey.
- Impudence to dictate to you! - "The Motor Maid", Alice Muriel Williamson and Charles Norris Williamson.
- " I cannot conceive, my lord, what right you have to dictate to me in such a matter," said Mr. Gilmore. - "The Vicar of Bullhampton", Anthony Trollope.
Idioms for dictate:
- dictate ( sth) to sm;
Quotes for dictate:
Rhymes for dictate:
- cate, slate, gait, prate, tate, chait, state, date, plate, eight, mate, bate, taitt, bait, plait, rait, waite, streight, fate, speight, sate, fete, nate, spate, tait, pate, straight, strait, trait, ate, great, fait, crate, gate, wayt, kate, hait, skate, hate, aydt, weight, freight, rate, pait, grate, wait, late;
- equate, misstate, debate, update, deflate, postdate, abate, reflate, ornate, irate, translate, estate, innate, await, prorate, negate, lightweight, gestate, tri-state, sedate, predate, restate, collate, oblate, create, berate, elate, belate, upstate, est, dilate, relate, conflate, inflate, kuwait;
- interstate, underrate, overrate, procreate, overweight, silverplate, reinstate, solid-state, desecrate, intrastate, conjugate;
- recriminate, remunerate, interrelate, demodulate;