Pronunciation of Doctrinaire
/d_ˌɒ_k_t_ɹ_ɪ_n_ˈeə/, /dˌɒktɹɪnˈe͡ə/, /dˌɒktɹɪnˈeə/
Antonyms for doctrinaire:
doubtful, uncertain, amenable, equivocal, latitudinarian, manageable, docile, humanitarian, questioning, not positive, open-minded, atheist, submissive, agnostic, open, indecisive, obedient, ambiguous, imprecise, compromising, dubious, broadminded, non-believer, skeptical, flexible, vacillating, liberal, tolerator, receptive, indifferent, uninstructive, informal, fluctuating, passive, undogmatic, democratic, doubting, disbeliever.
Usage examples for doctrinaire:
- It is now admitted that the Socialists have been mere voting machines and doctrinaire opportunists. - "German Problems and Personalities", Charles Sarolea.
- It was by no means contended even by the most doctrinaire free trader that an increase in the population and wealth of new countries, such as the United States and Canada, was undesirable. - "American World Policies", Walter E. Weyl.
- He was no mere bigoted doctrinaire, wedded to the absurd and exaggerated theories of the Teatolers. - "When Ghost Meets Ghost", William Frend De Morgan.
Quotes for doctrinaire:
Rhymes for doctrinaire:
- pear, pare, chair, share, claire, kehr, bare, nair, scare, bahr, err, heir, skare, glare, eyre, bair, flair, their, stare, rare, khmer, they're, fare, prayer, clair, sayre, clare, flare, blair, sare, square, mer, fer, lare, derr, maire, hehr, hare, faire, care, herr, air, pair, spare, darr, where, lehr, blare, there, gair, bear, snare, guerre, ware, baer, tear, gehr, ne'er, werre, swear, dare, stair, wear, terre, mair, fair, ferre, mare, serr, hair, lair, cher, gare;
- moliere, mcnair, swissair, adair, beware, abair, affair, dispair, montclair, comair, prepare, astaire, alair, pierre, despair, ensnare, impair, voltaire, o'hare, belair, forswear, midair, unfair, sinclair, adaire, repair, compare, aware, allaire, declare;
- javier, solitaire, usair, aer, unaware, questionnaire, billionaire, icelandair, disrepair, debonair, millionaire;