Pronunciation of Ease
/ˈiːz/, /ˈiːz/, /ˈiː_z/
Antonyms for ease:
enlarge, intensify, bring down, slow, trouble, activity, condemn, harm, restriction, turmoil, demote, upset, discretion, cease, irritation, perplexity, agitation, perplex, hinder, constraint, delay, self-control, injure, depress, pressure, work, embarrassment, strife, worsen, difficulty, hurt, increase, maintain, stress, make difficult, misery, irritate, smart, employment, agitate, discreetness, sorrow, disturbance, effort, disquiet, furor, willpower, discomfort, restraint, exasperate, incite, displeasure, unrest, unhappiness, excite, extend, self-restraint, burden, tension, self-command, withdraw, action, aggravate, dissatisfaction, repression, carefulness, entangle, strain, awkwardness, check, heedfulness, provoke, hold, vex, stop, keep, uneasiness, halt, sadness, vexation, annoy, tenseness, suppression, annoyance, excitableness, self-mastery, reticence, block, self-discipline, self-consciousness, weaken, worry, woe, inhibition, impede, reserve, discipline, discontent, neglect, inability, self-denial.
Usage examples for ease:
- I am sure she felt ill at ease. - "The Gadfly", E. L. Voynich.
- What would the world have been to them if they could not talk with comfortable ease and grace of their nephew Frederic? - "Lady Anna", Anthony Trollope.
- He set Grounds at his ease, he had a joke for Sir Charles and Acherley, he joined Wolley before the fire. - "Ovington's Bank", Stanley J. Weyman.
Idioms for ease:
Quotes for ease:
Rhymes for ease:
- reis, please, breese, sprees, vees, tees, these, teas, sees, fees, wheeze, glees, fleas, threes, beas, tease, skis, neese, sneeze, peas, trees, cheese, mease, leas, frees, freeze, sies, keas, flees, pleas, deis, meis, lees, keyes, rees, frieze, neas, saez, hees, reas, pease, keys, preis, bes, gies, mees, sleaze, seas, nees, knees, breeze, deas, geez, neis, crees, feese, jeez, she's, z's, kees, seize, friese, squeeze, bees, cees, liese, dees;
- trainees, scorsese, aziz, disease, unease, displease, chinese, louise, maltese, trapeze, burmese, andries, appease, rupees, reprise, ortiz, decrees, pawnees, belize, draftees, jaycees, degrees, trustees, agrees, foresees, cadiz, lessees, cds, chemise;
- japanese, expertise, appointees, conferees, amputees, taiwanese, escapees, guarantees, enlistees, guaranties, sinhalese, designees, sudanese, detainees, nepalese, overseas, inductees, retirees, annamese, licensees, devotees, returnees, timorese, javanese, enrollees, franchisees, journalese, referees, nominees, balinese, cantonese, ccs, honorees, siamese, internees, absentees, disagrees;
- indochinese, stds, interviewees, abts;