Pronunciation of Err
/ˈɜː/, /ˈɜː/, /ˈɜː/
Usage examples for err:
- Great fear of these shoals is felt by all hands, and no doubt the man at the helm would be cautioned not to bring the ship to the westward of her course, and he would therefore be apt to err on the other side- currents also may have carried her to the eastward. - "Narratives of Shipwrecks of the Royal Navy; between 1793 and 1849", William O. S. Gilly.
- As Zerlina's room does not err as a rule on the side of emptiness, I realized that there was going to be a party. - "The Professional Aunt", Mary C.E. Wemyss.
- Man can subdue the giant hand that stirs, Or turns the wheel, and so these visions err. - "Domesday Book", Edgar Lee Masters.
Idioms for err:
Quotes for err:
Rhymes for err:
- scare, infer, bare, lehr, lair, clare, kehr, prayer, monsieur, pere, hare, prefer, spare, fer, myrrh, heir, shir, pur, demur, wear, slur, khmer, square, blair, bur, hehr, ferre, deter, darr, fur, durr, birr, bir, gare, flair, dare, share, nair, nurre, lare, their, burr, transfer, sher, maire, ne'er, claire, skare, gair, glare, ker, fair, fir, hur, thur, kerr, bair, there, bahr, were, tear, mare, care, blare, werre, snare, occur, recur, hair, liqueur, whirr, pear, they're, sayre, stair, inter, gehr, we're, stare, spur, clair, swear, mair, cher, shur, pair, pare, sir, blur, where, furr, stir, der, serr, sur, fleur, refer, cur, baer, eyre, mer, purr, shirr, sare, incur, faire, murr, flare, derr, herr, air, guerre, chair, terre, fare, ware, bear, rare, ur;
- ensnare, mcnair, comair, montclair, compare, dispair, declare, o'hare, impair, voltaire, sinclair, beware, concur, belair, abjure, midair, forswear, adair, moliere, allaire, adjure, defer, affair, despair, unfair, abair, adaire, swissair, confer, pierre, repair, prepare, chauffeur, aware, astaire, alair;
- millionaire, disrepair, unaware, doctrinaire, usair, icelandair, debonair, saboteur, reoccur, questionnaire, javier, solitaire, billionaire, aer, connoisseur;
- concessionaire, restaurateur, entrepreneur;