Pronunciation of Establish
/ɪstˈablɪʃ/, /ɪstˈablɪʃ/, /ɪ_s_t_ˈa_b_l_ɪ_ʃ/
Antonyms for establish:
suspect, ruin, finish, veto, prevent, disorder, shut, conclude, stop, deny, reject, surmise, unfasten, abrogate, phase out, cease, condole with, conjecture, challenge, consummate, not plan, abolish, Unfix, fail, disallow, round, upset, shatter, overthrow, weaken, comply, loosen, wrap up, unsettle, displace, shake, invalidate, miss, cancel, complete, dislodge, change, dismiss, disorganize, renounce, console, contradict, discredit, dispute, disarrange, guess, refuse, disapprove, close, take, loose, allege, destroy, lose, halt, end, agree, forget, confuse, fire, object, oppose, disestablish, remove, neglect, disprove, let go.
Usage examples for establish:
- My object now is to establish him in England. - "The Adventures of Harry Richmond, Complete", George Meredith Last Updated: March 7, 2009.
- Let us put trust and confidence in him, and with him; let us erect and establish an everlasting league, for the world is the world, and will remain the world. - "Selections from the Table Talk of Martin Luther", Martin Luther.
- With Catherine's later wooers she failed to establish relations as intimate as those which had given her so many interesting hours in the society of Morris Townsend. - "Washington Square", Henry James.
Idioms for establish:
- establish sm or sth in sth;
- establish sm or sth as sm or sth;
Quotes for establish:
Rhymes for establish: