Pronunciation of Exceed
/ɛksˈiːd/, /ɛksˈiːd/, /ɛ_k_s_ˈiː_d/
Usage examples for exceed:
- May not the demand for consumption exceed the resources of production? - "Equality", Edward Bellamy.
- Under the influence of the most unfavorable circumstances the revenue for the next and subsequent years to the year 1825 will exceed the demands at present authorized by law. - "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.
- And so the belief grew up that as Moses fed a nation during forty years, with angels' food, He, to exceed this, must have bestowed upon five thousand men one meal of barley bread. - "The Gospel According to St. Mark", G. A. Chadwick.
Idioms for exceed:
- exceed sm or sth in sth;
- exceed sm or sth by sth;
Quotes for exceed:
Rhymes for exceed:
- steed, succeed, weed, rashid, recede, snead, swede, bede, heed, wied, sneed, reid, saeed, we'd, reed, mislead, indeed, precede, knead, rasheed, stampede, fede, kneed, greed, misread, mead, dede, breed, he'd, ede, teed, read, hamid, brede, plead, creed, walid, misdeed, bleed, screed, feed, meade, reread, leed, shaheed, reseed, deed, supersede, cede, nead, skied, impede, she'd, freed, keyed, tweed, need, waleed, bead, friede, seed, speed, proceed, lead, lipide, fried, secede;
- elide, concede, accede, degreed, gilead, agreed, decreed;
- overfeed, intercede, disagreed, aristide, guaranteed;