Pronunciation of Expression
/ɛkspɹˈɛʃən/, /ɛkspɹˈɛʃən/, /ɛ_k_s_p_ɹ_ˈɛ_ʃ_ə_n/
Antonyms for expression:
Usage examples for expression:
- That's rather a strong expression. - "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
- To rule is hardly the expression. - "Imperial Purple", Edgar Saltus.
- He looked up at me with an expression of a man who has looked death in the face. - "Astounding Stories of Super-Science, December 1930", Various.
Idioms for expression:
- if you'll pardon the expression
Quotes for expression:
Singing your own songs is all about individual expression.– Lyle Lovett
Rhymes for expression:
- hessian, question, deshon, deshane, freshen, session;
- possession, progression, oppression, recession, suppression, profession, confession, precession, digression, impression, succession, concession, aggression, secession, compression, procession, transgression, repression, accession, depression, obsession, discretion, regression;
- indiscretion, intercession, repossession, misimpression, decompression, nonaggression;