Pronunciation of Formulate
/fˈɔːmjʊlˌe͡ɪt/, /fˈɔːmjʊlˌeɪt/, /f_ˈɔː_m_j_ʊ_l_ˌeɪ_t/
Synonyms for formulate:
Sense 1 (noun)
Sense 2 (noun)
Sense 3 (noun)
Sense 4 (noun)
Sense 5 (noun)
plan, specify systematically (verb)
codify, coin, compose, concoct, contrive, cook up, couch, define, detail, develop, devise, draft, draw up, dream up, evolve, express, forge, frame, hatch, indite, invent, make, map, originate, particularize, phrase, prepare, put, set down, systematize, vamp, work, work out, make up, give form to.
Usage examples for formulate:
- He could not formulate these abstract thoughts. - "Corpus of a Siam Mosquito", Steven Sills.
- We cannot formulate any process of change whereby the lower state could pass on to or attain to the higher in this respect. - "Creation and Its Records", B.H. Baden-Powell.
- At first he was unable to formulate an intelligent question. - "A Canadian Bankclerk", J. P. Buschlen.
- A conference of the officials of the council was called to formulate the demands. - "In the Heart of a Fool", William Allen White.
- It is a definition which is not at all difficult to formulate; one destitute person is remarkably like another, and what applies to one applies with a considerable degree of accuracy to all. - "Crime and Its Causes", William Douglas Morrison.
Quotes for formulate:
Rhymes for formulate: