Pronunciation of Freight
/fɹˈe͡ɪt/, /fɹˈeɪt/, /f_ɹ_ˈeɪ_t/
Antonyms for freight:
Synonyms for freight:
Sense 1 (noun)
boat train, cable railway, deadhead, freight train, funicular, bullet train, AMTRAK, EUROSTAR.
Sense 2 (noun)
Sense 3 (noun)
Sense 4 (noun)
Sense 5 (noun)
goods being shipped (noun)
ballast, bulk, burden, carriage, consignment, contents, conveyance, encumbrance, fardel, haul, lading, load, merchandise, pack, payload, shipment, shipping, tonnage, transportation, wares, weight, bales, packages.
bill of lading, boat train, cable railway, carry, communication, cumber, departure, freight train, funicular, hauler, haulier, metro, monorail, passenger train, public transport, pullman, railcar, railroad, railway, seaborne, shipload, shipowner, shipper, shipping agent, sleeper, subway, suffuse, tare, tonnage, trucking, Overground, bullet train, bill of entry, RR, AMTRAK, EUROSTAR, loading bay, logistics management, mass transit, people mover, public transportation, rapid transit system.
Usage examples for freight:
- Here and there negroes poured water on the road out of skins, but the dust was so deep, that, in spite of this, it shrouded the streets and the passengers in a dry cloud, which extended not only over the city, but down to the harbor where the boats of the inhabitants of the Necropolis landed their freight. - "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- Her train to the Town Hall certainly made a very brave show; the fifty freight waggons you are expecting will scarcely form a longer line." - "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- These boys is working there roustabouting freight, and there ain't a single one of 'em which is singing as he goes back and forth. - "J. Poindexter, Colored", Irvin Shrewsbury Cobb.
- He had heard the freight- trains roaring through the great desolation between the Ottawa and the Western plains, where no traffic would ever be found, and had wondered at the optimism which, in spite of tremendous obstacles, had built eight hundred miles of track to link the St. Lawrence to the rich land beyond. - "Johnstone of the Border", Harold Bindloss.
- Instead o' doin' that it's likely he'll trail us when we pull our freight, an' try to make shore just what our game is. - "Paradise Bend", William Patterson White.
Rhymes for freight:
- great, gate, spate, date, wait, mate, state, fete, rait, plate, strait, waite, grate, ate, chait, wayt, kate, skate, speight, taitt, nate, bait, gait, fait, sate, rate, late, eight, hait, cate, weight, fate, streight, trait, tate, hate, prate, aydt, bate, plait, tait, pate, straight, pait, crate, slate;
- equate, collate, conflate, inflate, dilate, restate, berate, create, oblate, upstate, belate, sedate, dictate, prorate, reflate, est, postdate, misstate, abate, kuwait, elate, update, predate, tri-state, deflate, negate, await, lightweight, translate, ornate, estate, innate, debate, relate, gestate, irate;
- intrastate, silverplate, underrate, overrate, procreate, overweight, desecrate, reinstate, interstate, conjugate, solid-state;
- interrelate, remunerate, recriminate, demodulate;