Pronunciation of Grade
/ɡ_ɹ_ˈeɪ_d/, /ɡɹˈe͡ɪd/, /ɡɹˈeɪd/
Antonyms for grade:
Usage examples for grade:
- These officers have no grade to look forward to, and get a salary of twenty- five rupees a month each. - "Rambles and Recollections of an Indian Official", William Sleeman.
- I recommend that the number of officers in each grade in the staff corps be fixed, and that whenever the number in any one grade falls below the number so fixed, that the vacancy may be filled by promotion from the grade below. - "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.
- Third Grade Teacher helped. - "The Fourth R", George Oliver Smith.
Quotes for grade:
Rhymes for grade:
- replayed, displayed, spade, sprayed, ade, invade, unpaid, zaid, aide, remade, stayed, played, fade, lade, underplayed, buffeted, bayed, made, pervade, brocade, overstayed, waid, aid, filleted, usaid, braid, laid, tirade, shade, kade, payed, dissuade, brigade, jade, stade, outweighed, spayed, upgrade, kincaid, decayed, evade, dade, granade, prepaid, sauteed, bade, trade, blade, delayed, maid, waide, paid, home-made, persuade, parade, cascade, swayed, schade, flayed, gade, weighed, hade, glade, cliched, mislaid, haid, they'd, brayed, palisade, spaid, frayed, handmade, crocheted, homemade, surveyed, conveyed, decade, staid, unafraid, rayed, promenade, raid, grayed, portrayed, manmade, degrade, suede, quade, grenade, prayed, eyde, forbade, underpaid, dismayed, fayed, unmade, charade, okayed, cade, slade, upbraid, serenade, obeyed, strayed, preyed, repaid, unswayed, crusade, wade;
- arrayed, afraid, abrade, blockade, allayed, betrayed, arcade;
- overplayed, lemonade, overpaid, masquerade, colonnade, disobeyed;