Pronunciation of Grate
/ɡ_ɹ_ˈeɪ_t/, /ɡɹˈe͡ɪt/, /ɡɹˈeɪt/
Antonyms for grate:
Usage examples for grate:
- The coals in the glowing grate sank, and the bright light suddenly died. - "How to Cook Husbands", Elizabeth Strong Worthington.
- Add to it some bits of butter and grated cheese; over the top grate more, and add a little more butter. - "The Cook and Housekeeper's Complete and Universal Dictionary; Including a System of Modern Cookery, in all Its Various Branches,", Mary Eaton.
Quotes for grate:
Rhymes for grate:
- date, plait, plate, cate, state, aydt, gate, chait, late, fate, sate, tate, taitt, slate, waite, pait, hate, bait, prate, weight, rate, spate, wayt, bate, trait, straight, ate, gait, mate, great, speight, kate, pate, streight, eight, strait, crate, rait, fete, nate, hait, skate, freight, tait, wait, fait;
- deflate, equate, kuwait, sedate, estate, abate, misstate, reflate, elate, postdate, conflate, berate, belate, create, negate, collate, dictate, est, dilate, inflate, oblate, ornate, innate, predate, lightweight, upstate, relate, irate, update, translate, debate, gestate, prorate, await, tri-state, restate;
- interstate, underrate, conjugate, procreate, solid-state, intrastate, overrate, reinstate, desecrate, overweight, silverplate;
- interrelate, remunerate, demodulate, recriminate;