Pronunciation of Hand
/h_ˈa_n_d/, /hˈand/, /hˈand/
Antonyms for hand:
hindrance, emit, obstruction, beginner, nonexpert, layman, interior, depute, dispossession, impotence, silence, ignorance, employer, release, deterrence, middle, discouragement, novice, neophyte, send, inside, prevention, sling, center, inhibition, relinquishment, constraint, dabbler, interference, superior, inability, frustration, weakness, impotency, hurt, powerlessness, encumbrance, dilettante, gaffer, midway, nonprofessional, restraint, supervisor, check, amateur, helplessness, inexpert, repression, apprentice, transferal, injury, boss, hurl.
Usage examples for hand:
- Have you not told her what we have in hand? - "The Works Of John Dryden, Vol. 7 (of 18) The Duke of Guise; Albion and Albanius; Don Sebastian", John Dryden.
- Were it not for this hand"- " Well, sire?" - "Marguerite de Valois", Alexandre Dumas.
- You've felt his hand? - "The King's Mirror", Anthony Hope.
Quotes for hand:
Rhymes for hand:
- band, fanned, panned, manned, rand, stand, tanned, scanned, brande, banned, grande, land, grand, sand, canned, planned, strand, bland, chand, gland, brand, sande, and, lande, spanned;
- withstand, firsthand, remand, expand, disband, unmanned, demand, fernand, command, offhand, unplanned;
- understand, meadowland;