Pronunciation of Irate
/aɪ_ɹ_ˈeɪ_t/, /a͡ɪɹˈe͡ɪt/, /aɪɹˈeɪt/
Antonyms for irate:
Usage examples for irate:
- Then to a happy and light- hearted party seated chattering round a blazing fire there came suddenly the unwelcome apparition of an exceedingly irate sahib, in evening dress and pumps, brandishing a khudstick. - "A Holiday in the Happy Valley with Pen and Pencil", T. R. Swinburne.
- Lo, yonder, where our little English band, With peace in heart and wrath in hand, Have dimly ta'en their stand, Sweetly the light Shines from the solitary peak at Edgbaston, Whence, o'er the dawning Land, Gleam the gold blazonries of Love irate 'Gainst the black flag of Hate. - "The Unknown Eros", Coventry Patmore.
- That was me, put in Dudley, edging up to the irate invalid; you see the door was locked and we had to come in at the window, and I'm rather fat about the shoulders, and Roy jerked me through too quick and I fell amongst some plates. - "His Big Opportunity", Amy Le Feuvre.
Rhymes for irate:
- bait, pate, freight, sate, chait, state, slate, bate, strait, great, skate, nate, gate, taitt, rait, crate, rate, cate, hait, streight, speight, straight, date, prate, eight, aydt, tate, waite, plait, wait, grate, weight, fete, pait, trait, fait, hate, ate, late, tait, gait, kate, spate, mate, wayt, fate, plate;
- est, dilate, estate, create, collate, misstate, postdate, tri-state, reflate, predate, gestate, kuwait, belate, negate, lightweight, equate, await, elate, oblate, dictate, translate, conflate, deflate, debate, restate, berate, relate, inflate, abate, upstate, innate, sedate, update, prorate, ornate;
- desecrate, overrate, reinstate, interstate, conjugate, underrate, intrastate, procreate, solid-state, silverplate, overweight;
- interrelate, recriminate, demodulate, remunerate;