Pronunciation of J
/d͡ʒˈe͡ɪ/, /dʒˈeɪ/, /dʒ_ˈeɪ/
Antonyms for J:
Synonyms for J:
abscond, amble, barrel, bolt, bound, bustle, canter, career, clear out, course, dart, dash, decamp, depart, escape, flee, flit, fly, gallop, get out, hasten, hie, hotfoot, hurry, hustle, hightail it, beat it, cut and run, go like lightning, dog it.
electromagnetic spectrum, kilowatt hour, newton, photon, quantum, therm.
Usage examples for J:
- And when you get back to the boat J. Fields comes in and says he has killed a buffalo, in the plain ahead; and Lewis takes twelve men and has the buffalo brought to the boat at the next bend; so you just make no fuss over that first buffalo, and set it down in your elk- hide book. - "The Young Alaskans on the Missouri", Emerson Hough.
- I'm going to fire your father, as I've said, because he's working for old J. B. now, not the Cardigan Redwood Lumber Company. - "The Valley of the Giants", Peter B. Kyne.
- Only my Lady grew kind at parting and said, indeed if Tom Paunton and J. Morton and the rest would have gone she could have been contented to have taken his offer. - "The-Love-Letters-of-Dorothy-Osborne-to-Sir-William-Temple-1652-54", Osborne, Dorothy.
- So late, in fact, that J. P. had gone. - "The End of the Rainbow", Marian Keith.
- The union, however, did not turn out happily: a separation took place, and Mrs. J. turned her attention to literature, and specially to subjects connected with art. - "A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature", John W. Cousin.
Quotes for J:
Rhymes for J:
- jay, sta, tray, graye, day, bray, fray, jae, lay, may, trey, neigh, shay, dray, they, grey, tay, wey, hey, lei, blay, prey, stay, frey, say, ae, flay, gaye, rae, rey, cray, hwe, play, quay, mae, fay, waye, k, quai, klay, ay, maye, clay, drey, sway, slay, gway, brae, bey, pray, pay, spray, ray, kay, shea, dey, jaye, mey, raye, pei, ley, nay, wray, che, vey, sleigh, haye, whey, re, stray, dae, se, yay, yea, sze, tae, de, gray, ca, nej, wei, saye, ne, kaye, khe, faye, paye, mei, hay, daye, wy, fey, ney, weigh, lait, way, bay, cay, fe, brey;
- convey, hurray, purvey, astray, cathay, ga, b-j, hervey, ballet, nikkei, moray, repay, obey, mccrea, mcveigh, levey, fillet, passe, souffle, beret, essay, beauvais, cache, betray, cliche, manet, survey, toupee, chalet, display, bombay, abbe, filet, away, croquet, jose, sergei, monet, ha, halfway, rene, orsay, buffet, defray, puree, ek, okay, macrae, nisei, millay, mckay, valet, array, risque, olay, calais, bouquet, ole, decay, crochet, belay, dismay, saute, asay, today, parquet, dk, sorbet, oj, mackay, gervais, renee, dossier, replay, cafe, delray, o'shea, soiree, da, carre, delay, allay, portray, prepay, hooray;
- dak, chevrolet, fiance, perrier, faberge, overplay, ira, aaa, overstay, underplay, disobey, disarray, monterey, attache, intraday, cabaret, ekk, monterrey, underway, bta, piaget, lyonnais, ita, uva, bua, jna, cabernet, cea, bouvier;
- communique, cabriolet, hiaa, naivete, ceta, noaa, asea, foia;