Pronunciation of Ja
/jˈɑː/, /jˈɑː/, /j_ˈɑː/
Synonyms for JA:
absurdity, babble, balderdash, baloney, blather, bombast, bull, bunk, bunkum, claptrap, drivel, fatuity, flightiness, folly, foolishness, fun, garbage, gibberish, giddiness, hogwash, hot air, idiocy, imprudence, inanity, irrationality, bananas.
judge advocate (noun)
district attorney, public prosecutor, Attorney General.
Usage examples for JA:
- " Ja, ja," said he, waving his hand. - "That Boy Of Norcott's", Charles James Lever.
- " Ja- but go on," said Hans, with a nod and a smile. - "The Settler and the Savage", R.M. Ballantyne.
- Whatever Jerry Goldboy might have said, that Hottentot would have replied " Ja, Mynheer," for he understood not a word of English. - "The Settler and the Savage", R.M. Ballantyne.
- You will know, for my sake, some scrap of German- ja? - "The Adventures of Harry Richmond, Complete", George Meredith Last Updated: March 7, 2009.
- Nana, the governor of the lower Benin or Jakri, could not see in the downfall of Ja Ja that the British Government were not to be trifled with by any petty king or governor of these rivers; though Nana was a most intelligent native, he had the temerity to show fight against the Protectorate officials, and of course he quickly found out his mistake, but alas! - "West African studies", Mary Henrietta Kingsley.
Rhymes for JA:
- joie, bah, ca, wa, pla, qua, wah, gras, nah, hua, shah, ahh, hwa, kah, ka, naw, moi, ah, rah, blah, bra, law, rha, mah, spa, hsia, hah, jha, ta, ma, na, ra, ya, sa, bois, yah, cha, awe, zsa, la, raw;
- francoise, francois, pasha, da, fermat, otha, elga, alvah, ona, ha, bourgeois, vrba, hurrah, ga, dumas, aha, duboise, artois, valois, sanaa, fatah, voila, elna;
- baccarat, bogota;