Pronunciation of Knit
/nˈɪt/, /nˈɪt/, /n_ˈɪ_t/
Antonyms for knit:
hurt, dissever, harm, loose, disassociate, divorce, divide, injure, disjoint, disunite, Unknit, decouple, loosen, disjoin, let go, ramify, detach, sunder, Unlink, unfasten, uncouple, sever, disconnect, lose, untie, unyoke, release, dissociate, separate.
Synonyms for knit:
bound, chained, clinched, closed, connected, coupled, fastened, fused, glued, knotted, laced, linked, pasted, stitched, strung, threaded, tied, Bracketed, Buckled, Cemented, Hinged, Welded, Stayed, Strapped, Sutured, zipped.
Sense 1 (noun)
Sense 2 (noun)
Sense 3 (noun)
bracket, braid, buckle, cement, chain, clinch, connect, couple, fasten, fuse, glue, hinge, hitch, knot, lace, lash, link, paste, plait, splice, stay, stitch, strap, string, suture, tether, tie, weave, weld, zip, baste, bind, sew, tack.
Usage examples for knit:
- The ambassador looked very grave, and his thoughtful brows knit themselves together, while he never took his eyes from Paul's face. - "Paul Patoff", F. Marion Crawford.
- We have no maid; so I attend to cooking, sweeping, Knit, sew, do every thing, in fact; And mother, in all branches of housekeeping, Is so exact! - "Faust", Goethe.
- The commander knit his brows in perplexity. - "For the Liberty of Texas", Edward Stratemeyer.
- Mr. Tabor knit his white brows. - "The Professor's Mystery", Wells Hastings Brian Hooker.
- The grave elder man, commander of the brigade, glanced quickly at his watch, with knit brows. - "The Great War in England in 1897", William Le Queux.
Rhymes for knit:
- get, hitt, grit, skit, kit, sit, lit, brit, nit, spit, chit, britt, kitt, mit, it, pit, slit, litt, ritt, flit, splitt, vitt, plitt, whit, smit, pitt, fitt, schmitt, hit, wit, mitt, schmidt, bit, writ, fit, witt, quit, split;
- unfit, refit, acquit, prewitt, transmit, emit, admit, submit, omit, befit, commit, lafitte, dewitt, remit, gillett, legit, permit;
- recommit, resubmit, readmit;