Pronunciation of Macadamized
/məkˈadɐmˌa͡ɪzd/, /məkˈadɐmˌaɪzd/, /m_ə_k_ˈa_d_ɐ_m_ˌaɪ_z_d/
Synonyms for macadamized:
Other synonyms and related words:
asphalt, macadam, macadamised, paved, tarmac, tarmacadam.
Usage examples for macadamized:
- I'll go on, I guess; maybe there's a regular macadamized road out of here." - "The Crimson Sweater", Ralph Henry Barbour.
- We artificially graded the ascending track of human history, leveled and macadamized it, and talked of inevitable progress. - "Christianity and Progress", Harry Emerson Fosdick.
- Paddocks and stables were everywhere, macadamized roads ran from the main highway through the fields, and on the highest hill visible stood a great villa- a colossal architectural stranger in the land- and Burnham was driving by a row of neat red cottages, strangers, too, in the land. - "The Heart Of The Hills", John Fox, Jr..
- The national spirit, said to have arisen from the second war with England, had its clearest manifestation in the throwing of a great macadamized roadway across the Alleghanies to the Ohio River and the digging of the Erie Canal through the swamps and wildernesses of New York. - "The Paths of Inland Commerce A Chronicle of Trail, Road, and Waterway, Volume 21 in The Chronicles of America Series", Archer B. Hulbert.
- In Colhassett they drove on the state highway, recently macadamized to the dismay of the taxpayers who did not own horses or automobiles. - "Turn About Eleanor", Ethel M. Kelley.