Pronunciation of O's
/ə͡ʊˈɛs/, /əʊˈɛs/, /əʊ_ˈɛ_s/
Antonyms for O's:
powerlessness, uselessness, dullness, apathy, impotence, inactivity, laziness, indifference, lethargy, helplessness, incompetence, indolence, weakness, ineffectiveness, idleness, inefficiency, inability.
Synonyms for O's:
activity, animation, application, ardor, birr, dash, drive, effectiveness, efficacy, efficiency, endurance, enterprise, exertion, fire, force, fortitude, go, hardihood, initiative, intensity, juice, life, liveliness, might, moxie, muscle, forcefulness, o.
Usage examples for O's:
- In six years' time he had got as far as the third pair of knees,- Juno's,- and had obtained the first prize for pigs, and the second for bullocks, at a County Show. - "Happy-Thought Hall", F. C. Burnand.
- O's for Odds- fish- the Pirate's Oath. - "The Peter Pan Alphabet", Oliver Herford.
- As he had no wish to go outside the gates, he did not feel the chain that would have drawn him back again, like a dog to a kennel; and although all the men and women he knew wore yellow hats and large O's on their breasts when they went into the world beyond, yet for a long time the child scarcely realized that there were people in the world who were not Jews, still less that these hats and these rounds of yellow cloth were badges of shame to mark off the Jews from the other people. - "Dreamers of the Ghetto", I. Zangwill.
- It is a quarto volume printed in small type in double columns, and there are eleven pages wholly devoted to persons whose names commence with " Mac" and three to the " O's." - "The Glories of Ireland", Edited by Joseph Dunn and P.J. Lennox.
Rhymes for O's:
- fosse, hoss, haase, mohs, fosse, costs, aase, clos, rosse, costs, blas, haas, kos, grosse, bos, haase, klaas, foss, ross, crosse, vos, ross, floss, foss, kos, tomas, hoss, maass, hamas, vos, vohs, haas, os, blas, mohs, crosse, maass, hamas, aase, grosse, rosse, vohs, hahs, bos, os, klaas, clos, hahs, floss, tomas;
- alsace, alsace, abbas, abbas;
- semigloss, las, semigloss, pos, pos, las;