Pronunciation of Obese
/əʊ_b_ˈiː_z/, /ə͡ʊbˈiːz/, /əʊbˈiːz/
Antonyms for obese:
bony, scraggy, cadaverous, rawboned, weedy, pinched, emaciated, slight, lank, puny, anorexic, twiggy, sinewy, scrawny, underweight, willowy, ectomorphic, angular, waspish, stringy, sylphlike, reedy, haggard, skinny.
Usage examples for obese:
- Mr. Ducksmith bolted like an obese rabbit into the salon. - "The Joyous Adventures of Aristide Pujol", William J. Locke.
- She sat, a small obese figure made larger by her furs, and stared at him with troubled eyes. - "The Breaking Point", Mary Roberts Rinehart.
- He seized his obese bulk by the waist and lifted him high above his head. - "Deepfreeze", Robert Donald Locke.
Quotes for obese:
Obama's health care plan will be written by a committee whose head, John Conyers, says he doesn't understand it. It'll be passed by Congress that has not read it, signed by a president who smokes, funded by a Treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, overseen by a Surgeon General who is obese, and financed by a country that's nearly broke. What could possibly go wrong?– Rush Limbaugh
Rhymes for obese:
- greece, niece, lease, suisse, feasts, nice, neiss, piece, speece, reece, grease, cease, pease, rease, fleece, leece, leese, seis, tese, cece, priests, geese, gees, reese, crease, peace;
- tunis, denice, luis, bernice, elise, maurice, felice, release, devries, markese, decease, clarice, police, audris, increase, caprice, aris, apiece, patrice, edris, denise, matisse, decrease, cerise, maryse;