Pronunciation of Overdue
/ˌəʊ_v_ə_d_j_ˈuː/, /ˌə͡ʊvədjˈuː/, /ˌəʊvədjˈuː/
Antonyms for overdue:
Halfcocked, on time, Oversoon, more halfcocked, cleared, opportune, in complete, un-fledged, half cocked, most unanticipated, timely, most halfcocked, in opportune, un timeliest, pre-developed, predeveloped, illconsidered, temperate, in-opportune, pre maturest, pre developed, un-developed, more overearly, pre-mature, most half-cocked, over-hasty, most unfledged, over hasty, deficient, pre mature, un-timeliest, minimum, seasonable, modest, too soon, precocious, more predeveloped, un-anticipated, premature, over soon, un-riper, half-cocked, unfledged, more half cocked, over early, un ripe, paid, overhasty, un-ripe, unseasonable, soonest, middling, more unanticipated, early on, a bit previous, untimely, insufficient, most overearly, overearly, most half cocked, most predeveloped, prompt, un-ripest, un fledged, more oversoon, reasonable, inadequate, undue, pre-maturest, pre-maturer, settled, un anticipated, pre maturer, prepaid, in-complete, un timely, most oversoon, over-soon, early, more unfledged, un-timely, over-early, un ripest, moderate, minimal, punctual, unanticipated, un timelier, un-timelier, inopportune.
Usage examples for overdue:
- Yet it is the best managed road in the country, and this particular train was only seven minutes overdue. - "The Honorable Peter Stirling and What People Thought of Him", Paul Leicester Ford.
- She was a fortnight overdue, and that delay brought peril. - "Foul Play", Charles Reade Dion Boucicault.
- He glanced at the clock and calculated that Russ was two hours overdue. - "The Secret of the Ninth Planet", Donald Allen Wollheim.
Rhymes for overdue:
- shoe, slew, chou, stew, kew, strew, rue, qu, glew, du, true, rew, ooh, whew, flew, hugh, fu, zhu, blew, yew, brew, gue, yoo, queue, you, hoo, stu, cue, few, chiu, ju, goo, zhou, hu, wu, doo, bleu, blue, que, view, yu, pugh, sioux, trew, crew, lou, siew, thew, two, skew, poo, nu, hewe, beu, clue, shoo, uwe, prue, grew, phu, boo, flu, flue, pu, pou, coups, spew, knew, leu, loo, zue, lu, coup, screw, crewe, moo, shu, tew, too, tu, su, dew, pru, lieu, thuy, u, due, do, ewe, thru, pooh, shew, chu, cou, lew, dru, soo, gnu, mew, koo, lue, hsu, hew, kyu, ku, gu, woo, xue, through, phew, hou, threw, jue, liu, glue, coo, ou, jew, douwe, zoo, q, hue, shrew, sue, ru, foo, mu, joo, chew, vu, who, tue, yue, xu, pew, drew, new, vue;
- redo, ague, shampoo, cebu, review, m2, accrue, reto, kazoo, askew, larue, debut, abou, untrue, babu, kwangju, canoe, outdo, into, perdue, cat-2, ragu, ensue, c2, miscue, taboo, anew, withdrew, tatu, revue, fitzhugh, wahoo, fondue, outgrew, ado, subdue, baku, renew, urdu, peru, purdue, leroux, undue, zanu, pursue, bamboo, adieu, liou, unglue, mchugh, tattoo, imbue, construe, undo, eschew;
- katmandu, suu, isu, iou, hitherto, depardieu, byu, misconstrue, overdo, kangaroo, overthrew, timbuktu;
- hullabaloo, kalamazoo;