Pronunciation of Refit
/ɹˈiːfɪt/, /ɹˈiːfɪt/, /ɹ_ˈiː_f_ɪ_t/
Antonyms for refit:
hurt, depress, decline, weaken, deteriorate, lose, antique, damage, leave alone, kill, maintain, stop, demolish, dirty, halt, shorten, finish, discourage, worsen, break, harm, impair, injure, destroy, ruin, miss.
Synonyms for refit:
aid, ameliorate, amend, better, condition, convalesce, cure, darn, doctor, emend, fiddle with, gain, get well, heal, knit, look up, overhaul, patch, perk up, ready, rebuild, recondition, reconstruct, recover, rectify, recuperate, redress, reform, refurbish, rejuvenate, remedy, renew, renovate, repair, restore, retouch, revamp, revise, right, service, sew, get better.
furbish, give a new look to.
brace, continue, exhilarate, extend, freshen, gentrify, go over, prolong, reaffirm, reawaken, recreate, reestablish, regenerate, reinvigorate, reopen, repeat, replace, replenish, restate, restock, resume, resuscitate, revitalize, revive, stimulate, transform, Recommence, begin again, bring up to date, breathe new life into.
do-it-yourself, troubleshooting, running repair.
Usage examples for refit:
- The expedition sailed on November 15th, 1577, from Plymouth, and immediately encountered a storm so severe that the vessels came near shipwreck, and were obliged to put back and refit. - "The Sea: Its Stirring Story of Adventure, Peril, & Heroism. Volume 1", Frederick Whymper.
- Hoping the Adventure might yet come in, Cook pushed on with his refit, and thoroughly overhauled his stores. - "The Life of Captain James Cook", Arthur Kitson.
- From this high authority Hawkins got permission to repair his ships, victual, and refit, provided the English kept themselves to a small island in the harbour, for the due performance of which they gave twelve hostages. - "The West Indies and the Spanish Main ", James Rodway.
Rhymes for refit:
- plitt, spit, grit, spit, bit, fit, hitt, pitt, brit, schmitt, smit, pit, witt, slit, it, vitt, quit, schmidt, pitt, flit, schmitt, get, knit, flit, bit, mitt, hitt, wit, litt, fitt, kitt, get, it, writ, ritt, britt, lit, chit, kit, lit, hit, knit, grit, kitt, whit, mit, ritt, chit, kit, smit, skit, slit, splitt, split, writ, pit, sit, split, mitt, brit, plitt, skit, mit, fit, witt, whit, nit, fitt, splitt, schmidt, litt, vitt, britt, nit, quit, sit, wit, hit;
- lafitte, dewitt, commit, omit, permit, acquit, prewitt, prewitt, admit, permit, remit, legit, omit, emit, transmit, unfit, unfit, befit, submit, remit, dewitt, transmit, emit, lafitte, gillett, admit, legit, befit, gillett, acquit, submit, commit;
- readmit, resubmit, recommit, readmit, recommit, resubmit;