Pronunciation of Regain
/ɹ_ɪ_ɡ_ˈeɪ_n/, /ɹɪɡˈe͡ɪn/, /ɹɪɡˈeɪn/
Usage examples for regain:
- The officers could not understand why George Fox should refuse to regain his liberty on what seemed to them to be such easy terms. - "A Book of Quaker Saints", Lucy Violet Hodgkin.
- Juve had only just time to regain his compartment. - "A Royal Prisoner", Pierre Souvestre Marcel Allain.
- But he was past response; overcome by pain, in a last desperate attempt to regain his feet, he had lost consciousness. - "Under the Rose", Frederic Stewart Isham.
Idioms for regain:
- regain one's feet;
- regain one's composure;
- regain sth from sm or sth;
- regain feet;
Quotes for regain:
Rhymes for regain:
- feign, pain, chain, dain, draine, wain, terrain, crane, domain, fain, spokane, lain, remain, sain, zane, contain, craine, sane, fane, reign, tremaine, retrain, fontaine, vane, spain, reine, elayne, wane, raine, train, ukraine, butane, swayne, champagne, rain, plain, slane, twain, layne, kain, dayne, brain, duwayne, jayne, mccain, dane, romain, jermaine, frayne, profane, explain, demain, blaine, mayne, bain, grain, rein, blain, main, frayn, wayne, romaine, iain, slain, deign, champaign, jane, maine, vain, urbane, constrain, disdain, sustain, cane, rogaine, inane, attain, swain, paine, duan, moraine, blayne, duane, biscayne, kayne, frane, fraine, pertain, preordain, elaine, gain, laraine, germaine, rayne, stain, kaine, maintain, heyne, jain, payne, mundane, laine, mcclain, pane, blane, thane, complain, insane, ordain, trane, bahrain, shane, plane, aine, restrain, shaine, cain, kane, arcane, germane, elane, lorain, fein, urbain, lorraine, mclean, hussain, charmain, mane, caine, thayne, cheyne, strain, ayn, refrain, hussein, charmaine, sylvain, kahane, lane, sprain, germain, thaine, humane, crain, duquesne, dwayne, bane, maclean, detain, charlayne, hain, hane, ingrain, arraign, retain, swaine, bayne, vein, crayne, delaine, devane, dewayne, drain, ln, shayne, cocaine, loraine, champlain, campaign, freyne, obtain;
- again, abstain, alaine, alane, alayne, allain, alain, amain;
- aquitaine, inhumane, entertain, ascertain;