Pronunciation of Rue
/ɹ_ˈuː/, /ɹˈuː/, /ɹˈuː/
Usage examples for rue:
- Once done, the deed Ye'll rue with speed- And then- good night- poor thing- a! - "Faust", Goethe.
- As for himself, he speedily gained the Rue Taitbout, where he stepped into a coach, and drove off. - "The Project Gutenberg Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte", Bourrienne, Constant, and Stewarton.
- Marguerite and Madame de Nevers had departed for the Rue Tizon. - "Marguerite de Valois", Alexandre Dumas.
Idioms for rue:
- rue the day;
Rhymes for rue:
- koo, kyu, fu, flu, goo, view, hu, flue, few, ru, lue, yu, shew, threw, lieu, zue, hew, sue, coups, brew, grew, jew, glew, shoo, stu, pu, trew, tew, loo, true, two, blue, phu, boo, queue, through, lou, glue, woo, skew, chew, do, chiu, vue, chou, ku, beu, ju, screw, zhou, ooh, mu, ewe, knew, yew, thru, lew, leu, stew, clue, jue, hewe, whew, pou, ou, pooh, thew, lu, rew, q, coup, pew, xue, hugh, gue, blew, coo, shu, new, gnu, crewe, chu, dew, doo, sioux, due, moo, zhu, dru, hsu, cou, who, wu, bleu, pugh, strew, yoo, foo, you, cue, zoo, thuy, tu, vu, liu, hoo, tue, yue, poo, joo, siew, crew, flew, que, kew, shrew, du, spew, xu, qu, too, nu, pru, soo, drew, u, hou, mew, shoe, su, phew, prue, slew, hue, gu, uwe, douwe;
- canoe, into, peru, imbue, ragu, outdo, c2, outgrew, accrue, mchugh, undue, taboo, miscue, wahoo, m2, tatu, perdue, ague, review, construe, leroux, renew, unglue, fondue, subdue, redo, untrue, withdrew, anew, zanu, pursue, kwangju, tattoo, abou, ado, fitzhugh, reto, babu, askew, debut, baku, eschew, undo, cat-2, bamboo, purdue, adieu, kazoo, urdu, larue, cebu, ensue, shampoo, revue, liou;
- isu, byu, overdue, kangaroo, katmandu, depardieu, overdo, suu, timbuktu, hitherto, misconstrue, iou, overthrew;
- kalamazoo, hullabaloo;