Pronunciation of S
/ˈɛs/, /ˈɛs/, /ˈɛ_s/
Antonyms for S:
Synonyms for S:
bloom, complexion, constitution, energy, euphoria, fettle, fitness, form, good condition, haleness, hardihood, hardiness, healthfulness, healthiness, lustiness, pink, prime, robustness, salubriousness, salubrity, Eupepsia, clean bill, fine feather.
half-hour, min, os.
Usage examples for S:
- After Mars, he came here without trouble. - "The Planet Strappers", Raymond Zinke Gallun.
- But for a month or more, until this S. O. S. call comes in, he don't show up at all. - "Wilt Thou Torchy", Sewell Ford.
- He steered E. by S. therefore six leagues, and then stood in for the land. - "The Life and Voyages of Christopher Columbus (Vol. II)", Washington Irving.
- P. P. S.- I'm more desperately in love than ever, but I'm sure she does not care a straw for me. - "The King in Yellow", Robert W. Chambers.
- Du sollst mir's mit deinem Leben bezahlen, Wild! - "An anthology of German literature", Calvin Thomas.
Idioms for S:
Quotes for S:
In light of the recent controversy surrounding foreign management of U. S. Ports, a thorough review of foreign management of U. S. airports needs to occur.– Jon Porter
Rhymes for S:
- hesse, ches, ness, bess, esse, jess, ques, nes, wes, chess, jess, gless, cress, stress, crests, crests, guests, tess, dress, mess, vess, wes, bless, press, pless, less, fests, vess, less, esse, ess, press, tress, mess, guess, dress, gless, kess, yes, chess, abs, tress, abs, ques, gess, es, les, ess, hess, hess, gess, bless, fests, fess, bess, cress, kess, tess, hesse, guests, pless, nes, ches, es, fess, les, guess, stress, yes, ress, ness, ress;
- finesse, contests, molests, confess, obsess, digests, etess, ellesse, fs, ts, regress, attests, repress, obsess, excess, impress, express, transgress, caress, oppress, infests, oppress, regress, confess, aggress, recess, invests, egress, noblesse, profess, invests, undress, etess, unless, divests, progress, redress, assess, address, suggests, ls, digress, fluoresce, impress, success, possess, digests, requests, transgress, distress, assess, protests, depress, finesse, ls, vs, compress, ts, fluoresce, ellesse, profess, protests, address, contests, suppress, recess, excess, depress, compress, aggress, molests, distress, progress, divests, requests, caress, suppress, success, digress, attests, repress, largesse, suggests, unless, retests, vs, undress, largesse, redress, retests, possess, express, egress, infests, fs, noblesse;
- dss, cps, las, dispossess, cps, oas, convalesce, reinvests, cus, pos, coalesce, reassess, dss, ccs, uys, nonetheless, lcs, repossess, ccs, reassess, ers, uys, nonetheless, ins, coalesce, oas, uss, las, ers, repossess, reinvests, acquiesce, convalesce, dispossess, ins, acquiesce, cus, uss, pos, lcs;
- hces, nevertheless, ws, nevertheless, tcas, abts, hces, stds, adss, tcas, ws, abts, cmos, cmos, adss, stds;