Pronunciation of Scare
/skˈe͡ə/, /skˈeə/, /s_k_ˈeə/
Antonyms for scare:
Usage examples for scare:
- And you sha'n't scare Cicely by tryin' to make her think there is. - "Sweet Cicely Or Josiah Allen as a Politician", Josiah Allen's Wife (Marietta Holley).
- I guess they were trying to scare him into saying he was mistaken, and it was a balloon. - "The Flying Saucers are Real", Donald Keyhoe.
- Also he's had somethin' of a scare thrown into him by being caught so unexpected; but some of his nerve is still left. - "Torchy", Sewell Ford.
Idioms for scare:
Quotes for scare:
Rhymes for scare:
- flare, bair, care, darr, clair, werre, guerre, rare, swear, khmer, skare, clare, flair, lair, terre, lare, they're, tear, mair, sare, wear, fer, chair, eyre, pare, claire, faire, blare, ware, ferre, fair, snare, fare, mare, stair, share, air, serr, square, hare, mer, kehr, prayer, blair, bahr, nair, gehr, herr, stare, gair, hair, maire, dare, hehr, spare, cher, pair, sayre, heir, glare, gare, baer, pear, ne'er, bare, there, derr, err, where, bear, their, lehr;
- repair, despair, mcnair, alair, ensnare, swissair, midair, impair, moliere, forswear, unfair, prepare, abair, astaire, dispair, sinclair, pierre, declare, allaire, compare, belair, beware, adair, montclair, aware, o'hare, comair, adaire, voltaire, affair;
- aer, icelandair, debonair, usair, solitaire, doctrinaire, billionaire, unaware, javier, disrepair, millionaire, questionnaire;