Pronunciation of Slate
/slˈe͡ɪt/, /slˈeɪt/, /s_l_ˈeɪ_t/
Antonyms for slate:
Usage examples for slate:
- It seems just as if all those years had been wiped right off, as you would wipe a slate." - "East of the Shadows", Mrs. Hubert Barclay.
- They are particularly ingenious in carving; and Jack has many an opportunity of obtaining grotesque figures, cut from wood or slate- stone, for a cast- off garment or a half- dollar. - "The Sea: Its Stirring Story of Adventure, Peril, & Heroism. Volume 1", Frederick Whymper.
- It is only an angular, slate- colored farm- house without a particle of charm outside or in. - "A Daughter of the Middle Border", Hamlin Garland.
Idioms for slate:
Rhymes for slate:
- eight, taitt, fete, kate, gait, gate, strait, bait, plate, late, aydt, mate, chait, fait, nate, rate, plait, fate, grate, trait, bate, wayt, pate, spate, straight, crate, speight, freight, weight, cate, date, hate, tait, streight, skate, waite, pait, great, tate, hait, wait, rait, sate, ate, state, prate;
- estate, debate, negate, deflate, misstate, restate, translate, await, belate, conflate, sedate, irate, dictate, create, update, tri-state, inflate, elate, collate, innate, berate, reflate, gestate, postdate, relate, ornate, predate, lightweight, oblate, upstate, prorate, dilate, est, equate, abate, kuwait;
- desecrate, underrate, solid-state, conjugate, reinstate, overrate, intrastate, interstate, silverplate, procreate, overweight;
- demodulate, interrelate, recriminate, remunerate;