Pronunciation of Spate
/spˈe͡ɪt/, /spˈeɪt/, /s_p_ˈeɪ_t/
Antonyms for spate:
dram, drip, drought, shade, mouthful, driblet, smatter, scruple, bit, pinch, scantness, hint, smattering, drop, glimmer, nip, scintilla, shot, dot, ray, deficit, whit, strain, lick, dash, sprinkling, section, ace, skimpiness, grain, little, insufficiency, deficiency, scarceness, piece, tittle, scarcity, dribble, scrap, spot, shred, jot, sprinkle, speck, smidgen, poverty, iota, shortage, absence, trace, scantiness, handful, want, mite, granule, shadow, trickle, meagerness, ounce, crumb, portion, inadequacy, tad, fleck, dearth, taste, suspicion, particle, streak, undersupply, paucity, pittance, modicum, lack, morsel, touch, fragment, nubbin, atom, molecule, peanuts, mote, famine, dab.
Usage examples for spate:
- Brand threw him off, reached the bridge, mounted the parapet, and from there flung himself headlong into the spate rushing furiously below. - "The Mating of Lydia", Mrs. Humphry Ward.
- Above all, the Committee wishes to stress that parents should not suffer from feelings of inadequacy owing to a spate of modern knowledge often expressed in semi- technical terms. - "Report of the Special Committee on Moral Delinquency in Children and Adolescents The Mazengarb Report (1954)", Oswald Chettle Mazengarb et al..
Rhymes for spate:
- eight, plait, hait, date, state, chait, plate, straight, grate, hate, speight, wayt, slate, pate, mate, tait, late, sate, trait, crate, rate, gate, tate, bate, pait, weight, strait, skate, nate, bait, gait, prate, kate, fait, great, waite, aydt, fete, ate, wait, freight, streight, taitt, rait, fate, cate;
- reflate, est, estate, conflate, predate, abate, equate, innate, kuwait, restate, inflate, await, postdate, ornate, sedate, dictate, debate, dilate, upstate, belate, relate, berate, elate, oblate, negate, prorate, deflate, misstate, create, update, irate, lightweight, gestate, collate, tri-state, translate;
- desecrate, overweight, conjugate, reinstate, procreate, silverplate, underrate, interstate, overrate, intrastate, solid-state;
- interrelate, remunerate, recriminate, demodulate;