Pronunciation of Strait
/stɹˈe͡ɪt/, /stɹˈeɪt/, /s_t_ɹ_ˈeɪ_t/
Antonyms for strait:
Usage examples for strait:
- Painting was in a strait- jacket. - "A Text-Book of the History of Painting", John C. Van Dyke.
- The great object of the Peloponnesian leaders was to compel Phormio to give battle in the confined space of the strait. - "Stories From Thucydides", H. L. Havell.
- After the breaking up of the winter floes in the strait the hunters gave much time to the pursuit of the reindeer and killed many. - "True Tales of Arctic Heroism in the New World", Adolphus W. Greely.
Rhymes for strait:
- fete, late, hait, date, bate, wait, prate, spate, tate, crate, speight, state, eight, kate, hate, freight, gait, skate, tait, streight, sate, fate, gate, straight, great, pait, plate, rate, ate, cate, plait, taitt, trait, waite, nate, aydt, mate, weight, slate, grate, pate, wayt, bait, fait, chait, rait;
- debate, equate, create, upstate, postdate, dictate, update, innate, irate, ornate, oblate, inflate, misstate, sedate, lightweight, est, relate, collate, negate, deflate, dilate, estate, reflate, prorate, gestate, conflate, tri-state, await, kuwait, abate, predate, translate, elate, belate, restate, berate;
- interstate, underrate, overweight, desecrate, solid-state, conjugate, silverplate, reinstate, intrastate, overrate, procreate;
- remunerate, demodulate, interrelate, recriminate;