Pronunciation of Subside
/s_ə_b_s_ˈaɪ_d/, /səbsˈa͡ɪd/, /səbsˈaɪd/
Antonyms for subside:
rage, grow, rise, balloon, continue, appear, soar, amplify, mount, wax, go up, revive, ascend, escalate, magnify, lengthen, elongate, prolong, expand, enhance, emerge, distend, aggravate, snowball, build, show up, blow up, develop, enlarge, extend, accumulate, foment, burgeon, mushroom, swell, raise, increase.
Usage examples for subside:
- I then secured all tight, unscrewed the bag, and allowed the mercury to subside; but it was many minutes before I could obtain even a tolerable reading, for the water flowed over my brows like a thick veil, threatening to wash the whole affair, philosophers and all, into the basin below. - "The Niagara River", Archer Butler Hulbert.
- After some hours the fit appeared to subside, but the chief remained moody and silent. - "Lost in the Backwoods", Catherine Parr Traill.
- The tumult of applause promised never to subside. - "The Song of Songs", Hermann Sudermann.
Quotes for subside:
Rhymes for subside:
- flied, spied, decried, syed, hide, denied, eid, guyed, seide, defied, lide, replied, lied, eide, tide, worldwide, untried, inside, macbride, glide, reside, side, vied, why'd, mcbride, stateside, eyed, confide, dyed, sighed, clyde, tied, ride, died, chide, seid, fried, tried, shied, stride, deride, bride, snide, retried, heide, implied, pied, wide, misguide, westside, relied, hyde, i'd, supplied, decide, untied, preside, complied, slide, fide, guide, collide, upside, ide, heid, outside, divide, pried, plied, provide, pride, bide, dried, cried, vide;
- applied, abide, aside, betide, beside, belied, astride, allied;
- coincide, misapplied, alongside, nationwide, subdivide;