Pronunciation of Subside
/s_ə_b_s_ˈaɪ_d/, /səbsˈa͡ɪd/, /səbsˈaɪd/
Antonyms for subside:
soar, accumulate, bestrides, gotten up on, escalate, balloon, multi-plied, mounting, magnify, piled up, re-doubles, re-double, jumping on, climbing up on, Bestridden, escalade, going up, putting in place, re doubled, prolong, enhance, lengthen, get up on, be-strode, climbing on, climb onto, re doubles, blow up, clambers up, jumps on, Intensated, piles up, rage, revive, be stridden, pre pares, gets upon, in stalling, develop, up surged, re-doubled, wax, in-stalling, piling up, re double, increase, get upon, Intensating, up-surge, got astride, clambered up, gets up on, be-stride, raise, grow, be striding, pro duces, gat up on, be stride, be strode, clamber up, Escaladed, Bestriding, appear, intensates, pre paring, climb upon, getting astride, bestrid, up surging, bestride, up surges, pre-pare, mount, be-striding, in stalled, putting place, climb up on, burgeon, pile up, extend, put place, escalades, climbs onto, foment, gat astride, in-stalled, climbs on, go up, multi-plying, rise, gets astride, continue, got upon, puts place, re doubling, climbs upon, up-surged, climbed upon, Escalading, got up on, aggravate, gotten astride, getting up on, re-doubling, swell, enlarge, goes up, up-surges, expand, pre-pared, pro duce, climbing onto, be strid, climbed up on, be strides, emerge, amplify, upsurged, climbs up on, be-strid, pro-duces, Bestrode, in-stall, pre-paring, climbed on, climbing upon, climb on, build, multi plying, up surge, show up, gat upon, climbed onto, be-strides, ascend, pre pared, jump on, up-surging, be-stridden, gotten upon, puts in place, mushroom, pre pare, clambering up, distend, upsurging, snowball, elongate, Intensate.
Usage examples for subside:
- I then secured all tight, unscrewed the bag, and allowed the mercury to subside; but it was many minutes before I could obtain even a tolerable reading, for the water flowed over my brows like a thick veil, threatening to wash the whole affair, philosophers and all, into the basin below. - "The Niagara River", Archer Butler Hulbert.
- After some hours the fit appeared to subside, but the chief remained moody and silent. - "Lost in the Backwoods", Catherine Parr Traill.
- The tumult of applause promised never to subside. - "The Song of Songs", Hermann Sudermann.
Quotes for subside:
Rhymes for subside:
- flied, spied, decried, syed, hide, denied, eid, guyed, seide, defied, lide, replied, lied, eide, tide, worldwide, untried, inside, macbride, glide, reside, side, vied, why'd, mcbride, stateside, eyed, confide, dyed, sighed, clyde, tied, ride, died, chide, seid, fried, tried, shied, stride, deride, bride, snide, retried, heide, implied, pied, wide, misguide, westside, relied, hyde, i'd, supplied, decide, untied, preside, complied, slide, fide, guide, collide, upside, ide, heid, outside, divide, pried, plied, provide, pride, bide, dried, cried, vide;
- applied, abide, aside, betide, beside, belied, astride, allied;
- coincide, misapplied, alongside, nationwide, subdivide;